Sign in with
Your question

RAID 0 - need help recovering my data

Last response: in Storage
January 12, 2013 12:17:38 AM

My motherboard recently died and I'm trying to recover data from my RAID 0. I've connected my hard drives, run raid reconstructor, then scanned the image with getdatback but nothing shows up. I then took my drives to have someone else try to recover it but he's telling me that the drives aren't showing up on the computer and it's presenting itself as raw data. Anyone have any idea why it could be doing this, and how I could recover the data? Sorry I'm a total noob at this.

More about : raid recovering data

January 13, 2013 1:40:10 AM

35 read and no responses given, can anyone help me out?
m
l
January 14, 2013 1:35:55 AM

Did your drive show in “Disk Management" or "Device Manager"?
Fortunately, if you could find your drive there, you still could try a free drive recovery utility to regain you data and format it to change the RAW file system into previous NTFS or FAT32. (This free application found in a popular forum has helped my friend recover his inaccessible data from RAW drive successfully. It is worth trying.)
Note:
1. Do not store any new data on this drive to avoid the original data overwritten by new data, which can make it gone forever.
2. Do not save the recovered data on the same drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to format it after recovery process.
4. Do not forget to back up your important data regularly on another drive in the future.
m
l
!