Sign in with
Your question

How to remove write protection on my sandisk cruzer flash drive usb?

Tags:
  • Flash Media
  • Sandisk
  • Flash Drive
  • Write Protection
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 12, 2013 12:52:52 AM

i can't disable the write protective on my cruzer blade 4GB pendrive but in my system don't have the StorageDevicePolicies option and this option Control key, and selecting New > Key from the menu also don't have what i suppose do for disable

More about : remove write protection sandisk cruzer flash drive usb

a c 79 G Storage
January 12, 2013 1:49:00 PM

When the required keys in your Registry don't exist, you can create them manually, then enter the required value manually in the right-hand pane.

The outcome will be just the same as if the keys were already there.

There's a short tutorial on that here: http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001349.htm
m
l
January 14, 2013 3:36:49 AM

You could disable the write protection as below:
1. Plunge this drive or memory card to a computer. (Of course, you should use a card Reader to connect your memory card.)
2. Click “Start” on the taskbar to open “Run” and type in “regedit”.
3. Hit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” to expand “System”.
4. Find “Current Control Set” in “System” list to click “Control”.
5. Check whether there is a key named “Storage Device Policies” to change the digit in the “DWORD value” box into "0" and press “OK”.
But, if you cannot find the key named “Storage Device Policies”, you are supposed to create a one: right click “Control” to create a new key and name it as “Storage Device Policies”=> right click this new key to open “DWORD Value” and name it as “write protect”=> Double click it to change number.
m
l
Related resources
February 24, 2013 10:56:23 PM

My only question is: after I do all this then what? I followed all these steps and had to create the key manually, however, the value was already set to a "0". So is that it from there? That is supposed remove the write protection? 'Cause it didn't work for me! :(  This is getting very frustrating!! :fou: 
m
l
July 27, 2013 1:53:42 AM

mohan_75 said:
i can't disable the write protective on my cruzer blade 4GB pendrive but in my system don't have the StorageDevicePolicies option and this option Control key, and selecting New > Key from the menu also don't have what i suppose do for disable

m
l
October 8, 2013 2:06:25 AM

HerineKitty789 said:
1. Plunge this drive or memory card to a computer. (Of course, you should use a card Reader to connect your memory card.)
5. Check whether there is a key named “Storage Device Policies” to change the digit in the “DWORD value” box into "0" and press “OK”.
But, if you cannot find the key named “Storage Device Policies”, you are supposed to create a one: right click “Control” to create a new key and name it as “Storage Device Policies”=> right click this new key to open “DWORD Value” and name it as “write protect”=> Double click it to change number.

m
l
October 8, 2013 2:07:26 AM

thank you very very much
m
l
December 16, 2013 8:56:43 AM

HerineKitty789 said:

m
l
December 22, 2013 9:05:07 PM

HerineKitty789 said:

m
l
December 22, 2013 9:07:01 PM

i tryed that but its not working to my pen drive
m
l
December 29, 2013 10:16:37 AM

Hi, i tried ur solution... but it dint work out... can someone help?

HerineKitty789 said:

m
l
January 14, 2014 5:03:28 AM

manojb89 said:
Hi, i tried ur solution... but it dint work out... can someone help?

HerineKitty789 said:

m
l
March 11, 2014 7:46:14 AM

mohan_75 said:

m
l
August 12, 2014 8:15:35 AM

I tried this but this didn't disable the write protect from the pendrive.

HerineKitty789 said:

m
l
!