Permanently Hiding the Taskbar

Hi,

I was wondering if there's a way to permanently hide the taskbar/start menu
for certain users. I need to run a particular application for certain users
and I don't want them to have access to the taskbar and start menu, or
anything else in the OS for that matter.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about permanently hiding taskbar

    Maybe you should ask some of the folks that can't find their Taskbars. ;-)

    Look around here...
    364. Right hand side
    Disable Menu Bars and the Start Button

    Policy Settings for the Start Menu in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292504

    Prevent changes to Taskbar and Start Menu Settings
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=354

    Remove access to the context menus for the taskbar
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=370

    Remove All Programs list from the Start menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=386

    Remove common program groups from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=338

    Remove Documents menu from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=340

    Remove Drag-and-drop context menus on the Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=353

    Remove Logoff on the Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=351

    Remove My Music icon from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=348

    Remove My Network Places icon from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=349

    Remove My Pictures icon from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=347

    Remove Network Connections from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=342

    Remove Run menu from Start Menu
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=346

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:%23V$2gg0pFHA.2472@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    Tom Bombadill <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I was wondering if there's a way to permanently hide the taskbar/start
    > menu for certain users. I need to run a particular application for
    > certain users and I don't want them to have access to the taskbar and
    > start menu, or anything else in the OS for that matter.
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration Taskbar Microsoft Windows XP