kalluas

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello kind people of Tom’s Hardware

I need help setting up my RAID to my system.

My specs are i7 3770k, MSI Z77 board, 1 OCZ SSD and 2 Hitachi HDDs

Originally the SATA mode was set to AHCI and windows was installed on the SSD. The system worked fine for a month during which time I updated all the drivers etc. except for the firmware on the SSD. Then I installed the HDDs, enabled RAID mode in the BIOS, opened the intel rapid storage technology option rom and set up a RAID 0 just between the HDDs and did not touch the SSD.

Everything looked fine until it tried to boot windows and failed during the boot process. Then it opened the windows boot manager and offered to repair the install. The screen showed state:0xc000000e and info: boot selection failed because required device is inaccessible.

When I go back into the BIOS and set the SATA mode to AHCI windows boots from the SSD no problem but of course Windows can’t see the RAID.

What can I do at this point to set up the raid, hopefully without reinstalling windows.

Thanks for any help.

warhead0

Distinguished
1. Disable any raid/acceleration in IRST.

2. Change to RAID mode from the Bios.

3. Update the SSD firmware.

4. Now you can enable the SSD caching and it should work perfectly.

I have had similar problems with my SSD caching setup, and by following these steps I was able to get everything working again.

I hope it helps.

kalluas

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Thanks for the reply warhead0.

I tried setting up the RAID again making sure RAID mode was enabled in the BIOS and there was no acceleration in IRST and Windows still will not boot from the SSD.

I tried to use a Windows repair disk to get Windows to boot from the SSD and the automated repair failed.

I think Windows is trying to boot from the D:// drive but with the RAID enabled there is no D:// drive and the SSD is the C:// drive. One piece of evidence going against that theory is that Windows definitely starts booting since the windows logo animation starts but then it freezes, quickly flashes a blue screen and then goes to the Windows boot manager.