• Motherboards
Last response: in CPUs
December 30, 2010 7:40:18 PM

I have:
MSI 790x -G45 motherboard
Phenom II x6 3.2Ghz
Corsair 2 x 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
nVidia 9600gt 512 ram

I installed W.o.W. but it says I don't meet the minimum system requirements and that my CPU fan is too low. It shows it is running at 800Mhz.
Not sure where or how to update bio's or whatever else I may need to do for the computer to recognize the 6 core processor. Thank you so much in advance!

More about : motherboard recognize core cpu

Best solution

a c 436 V Motherboard
a c 160 à CPUs
December 30, 2010 7:52:37 PM

Do the following: go into the board bios and disable any "boot block" settings. Then disable windows firewall in the control panel. Next get online and download the latest version of msi's "live update" software and install in on your computer. Then you reboot and get online and use the search or auto option from the live update icon on your desktop, whichever works for your board, and let the software look for any bios and driver updates. Then it will install them. The bios screen is usually a small black one; be patient, and let it finish. I don't remember if you have to reboot, or the software does it for you. For the cpu fan, I use 100% for the cpu and 50% for each of the two case fan leads on the board, but your bios may be different. Then you set the percentage for smartfan. I use only 12.5% for a quiet system, but several higher settings should be available. I use an MSI h55 board for the i3.
December 30, 2010 8:03:34 PM

Best answer selected by finalsubstance.
m
l