Questions about installing my first SSD

fireworkmuffins

Honorable
Jul 30, 2012
Ok to kick things off. The SSD that im planning on buying is http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820239045

My build right now is.
ASrock z68m motherboard
evga geforce 560ti 1GB gpu
i5-2500 cpu
2x4 corsair vengeance
cx500w psu
WD blue 500GB 7200rpm 16mb cache HDD

So this is my goal. On the SSD I want to have my operating system (I have a copy of windows 7 to use and im ready to do a clean install on it) I want to put my steam games, as well as guild wars 2 and league of legends. And i guess my antivirus and a few other minor things.

I want to only use the 500gb drive for music/movies/pictures etc etc, minor things.

And this is where the questions start.

What I know so far is that to install the SSD

-I first, unplug the sata cable in my HDD, plug in my SSD, boot the comp and open up the BIOS
-I then set the boot priority to SSD first, and put it in AHCI
- Install windows 7 on SSD
- Restart computer and connect the HDD again, making sure the SSD is still set to be the boot drive.
(Also iv been told to have auto defrag/hibernation turned off for the SSD's sake)

What I want to know is

1 - is getting my stuff from the HDD to the SSD as simple as copy/paste. For example, can i just copy my steamapps folder directly to my SSD, and just copy the files for guild wars and league over as well?
2 - Will i need to download all drivers for graphics card and stuff now that I clean installed windows 7?
3 - Is there any maintnance/cleanup I have to do with the HDD, for example. All the old operating system files/drivers/ other stuff, is there when it doesnt need to be. How do I go about deleting it if its only being used for media files?

4 - If I put itunes on the SSD, can I have the music itself on the HDD and it will open fast and still play music without wasting space?

ANY tips/advice would be a HUGE help!! :D