Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Samsung
  • Format
  • Storage
Last response: in Storage
January 12, 2013 4:55:22 AM

Hello,
I am seeking an answer, my hard disk want me to format the disk.
How can I retrieve te files on the disk

More about : samsung external 2tb problem

January 14, 2013 3:50:52 AM

You should try a drive recovery freeware that has helped me recover many of my files from a "not formatted" drive and format this drive to return its normal use afterwards.
Note:
1. Do not store any new data on this drive to avoid the original data overwritten by new data, which can make it gone forever.
2. Do not save the recovered data on the same drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to format this drive after recovery failure.
4. Do not forget to back up your important data regularly on a different drive in the future.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 14, 2013 10:00:11 PM

if the problem is physical, there is no software that will help. does the drive spin up and idle just like it did before? or do you hear clicking or any other sounds that were not there originally?
m
l
Related resources
January 15, 2013 2:13:56 AM

you do hear the spining and then it idles, no clicking, the light of the extenal drive keeps on flickering and after awhile the menu comes up You have format disk before you can use it.
Idid try recuva, but it did not see drive F.
m
l
a b G Storage
January 15, 2013 5:50:55 AM

forget recuva, get R-studio for your platform, it is available as demo here: www.r-tt.com that should do it
m
l
January 15, 2013 7:32:53 AM

I did dowload R_Studio and it does se driv F and the files, but they only alow 64kb, if greater I have to register and pay I suppose.
Is there another who is completely free?
m
l
!