P8P67 Deluxe BIOS

7thx

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
I just have a few questions about BIOS updates or updates in general. So I got this board back in April (or a bit earlier) when the B3 revision just rolled back out. I have yet to update any of the Drivers/BIOS, since I went under the assumption "If it ain't broke, don't need to fix it"

So lately I've been having a problem with my display, sometimes it would blank out, turning both my monitors off for a second before coming back up (I have a EVGA GTX 560 Ti). Which makes me come to the decision I should update my rig. I also know I need to update my C300 SSD's firmware, which might be the cause of these lock ups but we'll see.

Anyways, long story short, how should I go about Flashing the BIOS? I am not sure which current version of BIOS I have since I am not home at the moment, but I know there were a number of BIOS versions that came out since April. Should I update the BIOS a tier above my current version and keep going like that until I hit the latest? Or can I just download the latest and it would include all the updates from the prior versions? Please advise and thank you!

7thx

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2011
So even if I'm a few versions behind I can just straight up update to the latest? I'm kinda stuck between 1702 and 1850 (BETA) would anyone with experience with these versions let me know which one is better?

mikey_likey

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2011
I just updated to 1850 from 1503 because I was having an issue with my digital audio. The new BIOS update didn't claim to fix the issue, but I thought it was worth a try. Well, not only did it NOT fix my audio issue, it created a few other new problems like not giving me video when I wake from sleep. Needless to say, I'm going back to an earlier version today. That's been my experience with it.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Go with the latest non-beta BIOS first, only try the beta if the latest non-beta still doesn't fix your problem.

What version is better has to do with the system components. The beta 1850 might fix problems someone else had, but could create many more for you. Best to go with 1702 first.