I cannot ask my question because I cannot complete the required fields. I want to ask a question about a Samsung Monitor hdmi 2494. Graham Beuster's response (30-03-2010) to a question talks about a converter and a DVI, What is a DVI
2 answers Last reply
More about required fields
  1. Link to the other thread and post your question here so we have a better idea of waht you are asking about.

    I assume the DVI you are referring to is Digital Visual Interface, its a common video connection for graphics card and monitors.
  2. There's at least four models of the Samsung 2494 that I know of the 2494HM, 2494HS, 2494LW and 2494SW. Which one do you have? They all have a native resolution of 1920x1080@60 Hz.

    The 2494LW and 2494SW have both VGA (15-Pin D-Sub) and DVI-D connectors only.

    The 2494HM and 2494HS have VGA (15-Pin D-Sub), DVI-D (HDCP) and HDMI connectors.

    If you have either the 2494LW or the 2494SW are you trying to connect an HDMI source (e.g. graphics card, game console, etc.) to the DVI-D connector on the monitor? Tell us what you are trying to connect to the monitor. If it's a computer please provide the make and model if the system is a prebuilt (e.g. Acer, Dell, Gateway, HP, etc.) or the make and model of the graphics card.

    If all you have is an HDMI cable you will require an HDMI-to-DVI adapter on the DVI-D connector of the monitor.
Ask a new question

Read More