UT2004 patch

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 13, 2004 11:36:44 PM

A patch has been released for UT2004:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&t...

More about : ut2004 patch

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 4:13:07 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 00:13:06 +0200, "Klaus Bregel"
<space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>> A patch has been released for UT2004:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&t...

>thanx for this fast service - the first download server is nice fast,
>without ads and
>no registration.
>;-)

Wow! My Audigy 2 finally works like it's supposed to in UT2004!

I can use the HD/Eax setting w/o the system driver and can control the
music as well as the master volume now!

And the patch doesn't mess up any of the mods (as least the ones I've
tested so far...)

Nice work, Epic!

Faustus

Dave King -- Faustus
HomePage | http://home.earthlink.net/~davidkinghsd/index.html
ICQ : 329002
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 14, 2004 3:25:17 PM

Andrew enlightened us with:
> A patch has been released for UT2004:

Hmmm... looks like a windows-only patch :-(

Oh well, I'll wait a little longer. I didn't need to have the DVD in the
drive in the first place :-D

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
May 14, 2004 3:25:18 PM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:25:17 +0200, MeltDown
<meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

>Hmmm... looks like a windows-only patch :-(

The readme mentions Linux bug fixes!
May 14, 2004 4:56:59 PM

Andrew enlightened us with:
> The readme mentions Linux bug fixes!

From beyondunreal.com: "Linux/Mac versions of the patch are expected to
follow soon." Well, in the end that's better, because I'm leaving on a
hichhiking contest in a few hours... and I don't want to be late because
I "need" to check out the new patch ;-)

MeltDown
! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
!Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
Anonymous
May 14, 2004 5:54:01 PM

"Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote:
>Quite a few reports on the forums of crashes after running the patch.
>Anyone here had problems with it?

hard to tell, I've been playing some 'nonstandard' servers, and I get
more frequent disconnects and have seem more "shrink-to-an-icon"
glitches, but it's hard to tell if that's due to the patch or not.

--
William Smith
May 14, 2004 11:10:04 PM

On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:30:14 -0500, SomeOldDude wrote:

> Are any other game developers cool enough to put out a No-CD patch two
> months into the release?

The Linux version has been that way right from the day of release... :)

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 6:54:45 AM

Thanks for that link, nice download.

I really appreciate the no-cd patch. No more swapping out cds or
hearing the high speed CD whine when I boot my machine.

Ak

"Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote:

>Andrew wrote:
>> A patch has been released for UT2004:
>>
>> http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&t...
>
>thanx for this fast service - the first download server is nice fast,
>without ads and
>no registration.
>;-)

Anonymous
May 15, 2004 8:17:52 AM

Al Kaufmann <Al_Kaufmann@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Thanks for that link, nice download.
>
> I really appreciate the no-cd patch. No more swapping out cds or
> hearing the high speed CD whine when I boot my machine.
>
> Ak

I was a bit worried I'd damage the DVD from handling it more
frequently so I'm very happy with the no disc part, especially now
that it's legit.
May 15, 2004 10:55:44 AM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 04:17:52 GMT, "Paul C."
<Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

>I was a bit worried I'd damage the DVD from handling it more
>frequently so I'm very happy with the no disc part, especially now
>that it's legit.

The annoying part for me was that I wanted to use Alcohol 52% to run a
virtual CD, but it didn't work. Then a few days ago Alcohol released a
new version which does work, then Epic take out the disk check!