UT2004 patch

A patch has been released for UT2004:

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457
More about ut2004 patch
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > A patch has been released for UT2004:
    >
    > http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457

    thanx for this fast service - the first download server is nice fast,
    without ads and
    no registration.
    ;-)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 00:13:06 +0200, "Klaus Bregel"
    <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote:

    >Andrew wrote:
    >> A patch has been released for UT2004:

    http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457

    >thanx for this fast service - the first download server is nice fast,
    >without ads and
    >no registration.
    >;-)

    Wow! My Audigy 2 finally works like it's supposed to in UT2004!

    I can use the HD/Eax setting w/o the system driver and can control the
    music as well as the master volume now!

    And the patch doesn't mess up any of the mods (as least the ones I've
    tested so far...)

    Nice work, Epic!

    Faustus

    Dave King -- Faustus
    HomePage | http://home.earthlink.net/~davidkinghsd/index.html
    ICQ : 329002
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Great, I just installed the patch. Don't have to use the CD in the drive
    any more to start the game.
    Good job.

    JS

    Andrew wrote:
    > A patch has been released for UT2004:
    >
    > http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Andrew wrote:
    > A patch has been released for UT2004:
    >
    > http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457

    Quite a few reports on the forums of crashes after running the patch.
    Anyone here had problems with it?

    --
    Mutley!! Doooooo Something!!
    Fix Outlook Express - http://flash.to/oe-quotefix/

    Andrew enlightened us with:
    > A patch has been released for UT2004:

    Hmmm... looks like a windows-only patch :-(

    Oh well, I'll wait a little longer. I didn't need to have the DVD in the
    drive in the first place :-D

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Fri, 14 May 2004 11:25:17 +0200, MeltDown
    <meltdownUSE@YOURunrealtower.imagination.org> wrote:

    >Hmmm... looks like a windows-only patch :-(

    The readme mentions Linux bug fixes!
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Andrew enlightened us with:
    > The readme mentions Linux bug fixes!

    From beyondunreal.com: "Linux/Mac versions of the patch are expected to
    follow soon." Well, in the end that's better, because I'm leaving on a
    hichhiking contest in a few hours... and I don't want to be late because
    I "need" to check out the new patch ;-)

    MeltDown
    ! http://www.unrealtower.org/faq
    !Home of the FAQs for agut and agut2003.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    "Littlemoot" <littlemoot@h0tmail.com> wrote:
    >Quite a few reports on the forums of crashes after running the patch.
    >Anyone here had problems with it?

    hard to tell, I've been playing some 'nonstandard' servers, and I get
    more frequent disconnects and have seem more "shrink-to-an-icon"
    glitches, but it's hard to tell if that's due to the patch or not.

    --
    William Smith
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Thu, 13 May 2004 23:30:14 -0500, SomeOldDude wrote:

    > Are any other game developers cool enough to put out a No-CD patch two
    > months into the release?

    The Linux version has been that way right from the day of release... :)

    Linux Registered User #327951
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Thanks for that link, nice download.

    I really appreciate the no-cd patch. No more swapping out cds or
    hearing the high speed CD whine when I boot my machine.

    Ak

    "Klaus Bregel" <space-orbit@gmx.de> wrote:

    >Andrew wrote:
    >> A patch has been released for UT2004:
    >>
    >> http://www.ina-community.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=380457
    >
    >thanx for this fast service - the first download server is nice fast,
    >without ads and
    >no registration.
    >;-)

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    Al Kaufmann <Al_Kaufmann@hotmail.com> wrote in

    > Thanks for that link, nice download.
    >
    > I really appreciate the no-cd patch. No more swapping out cds or
    > hearing the high speed CD whine when I boot my machine.
    >
    > Ak

    I was a bit worried I'd damage the DVD from handling it more
    frequently so I'm very happy with the no disc part, especially now
    that it's legit.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.unreal.tournament2003 (More info?)

    On Sat, 15 May 2004 04:17:52 GMT, "Paul C."
    <Paul_C_NB@yahoo.caremovenospam> wrote:

    >I was a bit worried I'd damage the DVD from handling it more
    >frequently so I'm very happy with the no disc part, especially now
    >that it's legit.

    The annoying part for me was that I wanted to use Alcohol 52% to run a
    virtual CD, but it didn't work. Then a few days ago Alcohol released a
    new version which does work, then Epic take out the disk check!

Video Games