Conflict with RAM and PCI-Express

puntoste

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Hello everyone,
I've already posted in the videoCard section but it turned out that my problem was MOBO related, so here am I.

I have this configuration

I7 920 @2.66ghz
Asus p6t MOBO
12gb kingston DDR (6x2gb) pc12800
Geforce gtx295 1.8gb ram
Geforce 210 1gb ram (for 3rd and 4th video output)
Coolermaster silent pro m850watts PSU
4 various hard disk (a raid1 with 2 1tb disk, a 1.5tb for OS and a 320gb for old data)

2 samsung p2470HD monitors plus an old 19" lcd philips monitor

Everything is running protected by a Trust 1000VA UPS

Here is my problem.
Yesterday I bought the Geforce 210 trying to add more video outputs in my configuration (that's why I've posted in VGA section on first hand).
Windows wasn't booting properly (it was reaaaaally slow) with two cards plugged in, while it was regularly booting with just one (either the 295 or the 210).
I've tried everything, and something happend when i removed 6gb of ram from the black channel : the system is perfectly working, multi monitor with 2 gpus too.

So there's something between RAM channels and pci-express.

My rams are KINGSTON HYPER X DDR3 @ 1600mhz.
I've purchased them in two separate times (at first i got 6gb for the orange channel, and after a year another 6gb for the black channel), they have different codes on labels but they're practically the same thing. (khx1600C9ad3 for the old ones and khx12800d3k3 for the new ones). The first was a 6gb kit, the second 3 separated modules.

It's like there's not enough power for the entire motherboard. Not enough to power ram and 2 pci-express, but enough to boot, get over POST and starting windows at 486 speed....

The whole system (without g210 and with 12gb RAM OR WITH g210 and only 6gb) is still working perfectly

Any ideas?
Thanks!