Distinguished
Sep 6, 2010
i7 920 + Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R X58 USB3.0/SATA3
Palit GTS 460 2GB
G.Skill 1600mz DDR3 ( 2 x 3)
WD Black TB
Nocture NH-14D
HAF-X

please tell me how much PSU required.. I thinking of getting a OCZ Z SERIES 650W

Solution
650W is ENOUGH, but it doesn't leave you much headroom for overclocking or upgrading in the future. Also, I'm with others when it comes to used power supplies...don't do it...power supplies degrade over time, you definitely don't want to start out in the hole. Also, I THOUGHT OCZ was a decent brand, but I have an OCZ GameXstream 850W that's less than 6 months old and I'm already having issues...so I would recommend one of of the bigger brands that have already been listed.

P.S. I find this link really handy when calculating PSU wattage: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Juanchioo

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2010
with xfx 650w u have a good quality modular psu... and u have the sufficient wattage to sli... i would change the wd black for samsung spinpoint f3.. its faster and cheaper..

also.. why do you need 2gb?? get a normal one... and its not gts its gtx

noctua its very ecpensive... why dont u get cooler master hyper 212 plus... its much cheaper and it does the job fine...

haf x its very expensive... haf 912 makes a good job and its much cheaper

bikeracer4487

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
650W is ENOUGH, but it doesn't leave you much headroom for overclocking or upgrading in the future. Also, I'm with others when it comes to used power supplies...don't do it...power supplies degrade over time, you definitely don't want to start out in the hole. Also, I THOUGHT OCZ was a decent brand, but I have an OCZ GameXstream 850W that's less than 6 months old and I'm already having issues...so I would recommend one of of the bigger brands that have already been listed.

P.S. I find this link really handy when calculating PSU wattage: http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

Solution