Sign in with
Your question

Need advice for new motherboard

Tags:
  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
August 27, 2011 4:11:06 PM

Hello ,i am planning to buy new motherboard and i need the motherboard to have :

atleast 1 IDE(for PATA) and several SATA connectors
atleast 1 PCIE 2.0
USB 3
and it should be Socket 775 and size for MID TOWER chasis .
and i use overcloaked CPU so i need advice which Retailer is best , and suggested motherboards

More about : advice motherboard

a c 242 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 2:58:31 AM

No socket 775 motherboard meets all of your requirements. The closest probably is the BIOSTAR G41U3G. If you're willing to use an add-on card for USB 3.0, then you could consider the GIGABYTE GA-P45T-ES3G. Why are you investing in LGA 775 technology?
August 28, 2011 7:22:58 AM

actually i dont want to change my processor that is the main reason , but if i have to i would use AM3 for amd phenon II processors , and i want to make a SLI for my 450 GTS video
Related resources
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 2:36:54 PM

Do you have a very powerful LGA 775 processor?
August 28, 2011 2:45:59 PM

No i have Pentium Dual Core E5300 2.6ghz running @ 3.2 ghz
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 3:30:24 PM

I wouldn't recommend a new LGA 775 motherboard unless you have no other option. Is yours broken or do you need/want more features?
August 28, 2011 4:05:25 PM

I need actually new pc but since my video card is new i dont think i need to change it ( planning on SLI) so i need recommendations For best Rrice & performance Ratio
P.S. My motherboard is a bit fried ( from OC) so i need a new one , so if You suggest me on new CPU too i will reconsider it
and my CPU is fine
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 5:23:59 PM

What's your budget? In previous replies, you indicated that you want an AM3 motherboard and that you want to SLI. That severely limits your motherboard options. Shouldn't you instead be interested in a AM3+ motherboard with at least two PCI Express 2.0 x16 slots?

If you want to keep your E5300 CPU, then refer to my first reply.
August 28, 2011 6:56:23 PM

well i want to spend less as possible but i dont want to own low-grade , and i dont know what you would recommend , core i5 or amd phehom II price range is same , i use my pc only for gaming
and my budget is unlimited , but i dont see why should i spent money on Core-i7 which is not neccessary at this time
and yes AM3+ , my mistake :) 
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 7:57:31 PM

For gaming, the Intel i5-2500K would be an excellent choice. Since you also are an overclocker, then a P67 or Z68 based motherboard would be fine.

Read reviews about the following motherboards that all support SLI (x8/x8 mode) :
- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD3P
- ASRock Z68 Extreme4
- Asus P8Z68-V Pro
- ASRock P67 EXTREME4
- ASUS P8P67 PRO
and others.

If you absolutely want an onboard ATA controller for your IDE drive, then your best option probably is an AM3+ motherboard.
August 29, 2011 7:31:40 AM

Thank You for your answers :) 
actually i found gigabyte the best choice since i own asrock at the moment and it did not tkae the heat so good , i head the same thing about asus
August 29, 2011 8:18:08 AM

wertyrass said:
actually i found gigabyte the best choice since i own asrock at the moment and it did not tkae the heat so good , i head the same thing about asus

no man asus boards are good at OC and if u have decent cooling and good PSU they give their best performance like no other :sol:  .
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 11:59:49 AM

wertyrass said:

As vdr369 said, the Asus motherboards that I suggested are very good at overclocking. The Intel i5-2500K or the Intel i7-2600K are not overclocked like your E5300. All you have to do is increase the CPU multiplier on a quality P67 or Z68 motherboard.
August 29, 2011 5:17:10 PM

k then i would like to know what is SAM3 and motherboards with Am3+ sockets ? because CPU is cheaper and i would get the same performance for gaming
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 6:07:30 PM

You won't get the same gaming performance, but it will be fine. I have no clue what you mean by SAM3 and I can't recommend an AM3+ motherboard. They are too new and there aren't enough reviews. Check which ones are available on Newegg and read the reviews.

Edit: If you're really interested in an AMD solution, then you should create a new thread as there are members who are very familiar with them. You should read http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gaming-performa...
August 29, 2011 6:47:32 PM

GhislainG said:
You won't get the same gaming performance, but it will be fine. I have no clue what you mean by SAM3 and I can't recommend an AM3+ motherboard. They are too new and there aren't enough reviews. Check which ones are available on Newegg and read the reviews.

Edit: If you're really interested in an AMD solution, then you should create a new thread as there are members who are very familiar with them. You should read http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-gaming-performa....

The link is dead. However, this guy says his budget is unlimited...? Then why are you looking for such cheap solutions? I agree with these guys and I would go with the i5 2500K if your strictly gaming and lose the ancient cpu
a c 242 V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 7:38:56 PM

pcenvy88 said:
The link is dead. However, this guy says his budget is unlimited...? Then why are you looking for such cheap solutions? I agree with these guys and I would go with the i5 2500K if your strictly gaming and lose the ancient cpu

I fixed the link; the period after .html souldn't be there.
August 30, 2011 8:51:46 AM

ok then core i5 it is , thanks for your answers guys
August 30, 2011 6:20:47 PM

when you solve something pick a BE :p 
!