EVGA 9800GX2 Uninstalled itself, cannot install new driver

Kenrn44

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
I've been playing SC2 without a hitch since the night of it's release. I booted it up an hour ago and my GPU uninstalled itself on the loading screen. The drivers won't install again. Not sure what to do.

Kenrn44

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2008
No luck. Why would a driver uninstall itself and then be completely unable to install again with any other driver? Card dead? I'm going to do a fresh OS install and see where that gets me. If no luck, I guess I'll upgrade to a 460. Didn't want to buy anything until get a new rig in another year, but I can't function without a decent card.

w0lfattack

Distinguished
May 26, 2010

Lmao.

Well, from my understanding about computers... They don't just do things by themselves, lol. It's always user error unless the hardware is shot, lol. The title made me laugh - "Uninstalled itself."

As far as your issue, you might try using some kind of driver cleaner to completely get rid of your old driver and try reinstalling it. What kind of error are you getting when you say you can't reinstall it. It doesn't say anything? It doesn't say, "Fail, lulz" or anything?

More info, please.

TRENDING THREADS