dpdiver

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Toms Hardware site is the best on the web, it has helped me many times in the past. Excellent knowlegable members and tonnes of info!

I had 2 Samsung spinpoints in raid0, and for some reason one day they stopped working. Was able to get system running on one spinpoint with Windows 7.

I went and got a new Corsair Force GT. It took a while to get bios to detect the drive, but finally it did so installed Windows 7 on that drive.

Now the only way to get windows to boot to that drive (Corsair GT) is to go into the Bios and under boot tab set the "hard disk drives" 1st drive to the spin point, and under "boot device priority" set first priority to my CD drive that is empty! Set the second priority to the samsung drive.( Marvell controller)

Then if I plug in my storage drive it boots to the samsung drive (both drives have Win7 installed)

If I set both of the above settings to the Corsair as primary, The system telles me there is no bootable device on the system!

Also under "boot device priority" there are 2 options of: "network B09 doo Yukon PXE" and BO7. Do not know what these are.

I know this might be a bit confusing. If anyone needs more info just let me know. I am going a bit crazy at this point

BTW the corsair is MUCH faster than my Raid was....Duhh. Even on SATA2.

Any help would be GREATLY appricated

Specs:

Asus p6td Deluxe
1 Samsung spinpoint(win 7)
1 WD storage drive
1 corsair force GT (Win7)
6 GB corsair dominator @1600
I7-920 @ 4.00Gz
Toughpower 850
Nvidia GTX 295
X-Fi Platnium

Would it help to delete Win7 on samsung drive? Would the Intel Matrix controller be better?

dpdiver

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
I had previous install of win7 on drive. Did not want to delete it till I had new drive up and running. Trying to delete win7 manually but is not working, permissions. Any ideas?

Yes I like the Intel matrix controller also. Not sure I want to add another variable at this point, just want to get working correctly!

Wamphryi

Distinguished
You can remove a previous installation off a disk by going to Disk Manager and deleting off the partitions on the drive and then putting another partition on and quick formatting it. It should then present itself to the OS as an empty drive ready to go.

dpdiver

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2011
Ok thanks for youre help! Deleted win7 off my disk drive(with windows disk, format), then reinstalled win7 on the ssd drive. Had to make changes to Bios to make ssd drive primary boot drive. All good!!