Im building my dream machine any recommendations?

im building my very first pc and on a tight budget and im thinking of putting all these things together

phenom II x4 3.4ghz
2x 2gb ddr3 1333
320 gb seagate 16mb sata hdd
1 gb sapphire radeon hd 5770 vapor x ddr5
gigabyte 890fxa-ud5
h50 closed water system

so what psu power rating do i need? are the online calculators accurate?

i plan on creating a triple crossfire in the future with 2-hd 5770 and 1 hd 5670... atleast when get enough cash considering ive got a new baby girl to feed.

thanks in advance.

oh by the way i hate i7 because its a rich man's processor... power to the masses... lol
5 answers Last reply
More about building dream machine recommendations

1. ud 14 beats h50
    no reason to take 965 over 955
    promo code on 500 gb seagate
  2. Can you please repost this with links to where you are buying these products from and also what part of the world you are from so that i can help you find cheaper stuff :)
    first off, you cant crossfire a 5700 series and a 5600 series gpu. Doesnt work. Also its kinda a waste of money buying factory overclocked cards as they make you pay a premium for something that you can do for free. Maybe go for sapphires reference clocked card and overclock it yourself. Also, what case are you buying? What brand is your ram? You should only need around a 550-600w psu for one card, but if you want to xfire i suggest a 750w, like the Corsair tx750, as this will probably allow 3 way xfire as well.

Read this article on small water cooling vs big air then decide whether you really want that h50 system. I also agree with you on the i7 concept... partly cause i cant afford one :P

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/h50-fort120-cogage,review-31974.html
  3. well im from the philippines and i doubt that you would know any pc store here...

as for the x-fire how about 2 - 5770's and 1 - 5740? there is no acu in my room to cool the heatsink of the fan and the airborne dust will only clog up the fins of the heatsink so i think a liquid cooler would be better here... btw the average daily temp here ranges from 32-38 C simply cooling it with air is somehow not advisable... i think...

so you think that 955's are better than 965's... why so?
  4. the 965 is just a factory up-clocked 955. by increasing the multiplier yourself, you get the equal of a 965 for less money. It will even do this just fine on the stock cooler.

with no AC and ambient temps in the 30s C (you are in the tropics in the Philippines) I'd suggest trying to avoid a triple crossfire. If need be, I'd consider getting a relatively inexpensive window AC unit to get ambient temps down to 25-27C over getting a second or third card.

you could go for a less expensive 880, 870, 770 or 785 motherboard for single card or dual crossfire options.

Wait a couple weeks for the 6xxx to come out, which will drive a lot of prices down, and look into a single GTX 460 or a 5850. The new release should drive the 460 1GB under US$200. they'll perform quite well as single cards.
  5. crycec said:
    well im from the philippines and i doubt that you would know any pc store here...

as for the x-fire how about 2 - 5770's and 1 - 5740? there is no acu in my room to cool the heatsink of the fan and the airborne dust will only clog up the fins of the heatsink so i think a liquid cooler would be better here... btw the average daily temp here ranges from 32-38 C simply cooling it with air is somehow not advisable... i think...

so you think that 955's are better than 965's... why so?

you'll easier clog up the radiator on the h50 then on an air cooler
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build HD Systems