Lcd Monitor Detected as CRT

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
After lot of searching the net, i come here because i really don't know what to do.
i bought a new computer with HD4890 Video Card.
i plug it to my TCL 24" LCD Monitor and the card detects it as CRT Monitor (Shown On Catalyst).
when i try using 1920*1080 Resolution then the display is large from the monitor screen.
i have no scale option in catalyst 10.7 and all the drivers are up-to-date.
the monitor has VGA input connection and i plug it to the computer with VGA cable and DVI adapter.
anyway, in my old X1950XTX Card, everything goes well.
now i don't know what to do any more...

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
Here are all the details you need.
monitorv.png

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
ofcourse. as i said, before i upgrade my computer and switch my video card to HD4980, i could watch the screen in a full HD 1920*1080. i cant be more sure then this.
the thing is that in my old X1950XTX video card, all the screen-larger-then-the-monitor problem happend to me too, but then i had an option in catalyst to scale the view but now i dont have it because it detects the monitor as CRT!

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
it does'nt have any other input for Computer, all other is for tv...
and as i said, its something that worked for me before so i dont know why its not working now...

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
alright.

on my notebook, if i remember correctly, there was an option inside catalyst "10.2" wherein you can "scale" (i believe that what your missing) the view. its hidden/disabled under windows 7 unless you set your resolution to the lowest (640x480). i dunno how 10.7 behaves though.

it woudln't hurt if you give it a try

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
well, i know this option but its hidden for me.
i know it should not be hidden even at 10.7 but as from what i read, its hidden because the computer detect the monitor as CRT.

any way, the lowest res i can go is 800*600. i tried it and then i goes to the adjustment tab and tried to squeeze the screen and the to change back to 1920*1080 but it didn't helped.

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
i know, thats not even there.
i know what you looking at and its not there.
believe me its what im looking for too as what i know from google that its hidden because it think i have a CRT.

wh3resmycar

Distinguished
^ actually if the problem is with the driver the operating system will list that lcd panel as "unknown display" (or was it generic display?). seeing as the driver correctly identifies the panel (lcd24e9af), im not so sure about the lcd driver issue.

by a longshot, the use of vga cables might be sending "analog" signal instead of "digital" hence its detected as a crt device.

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
well i dont have hdmi input to my video card but hdmi-hdmi cable i have.
so if i will buy dvi-hdmi cable do you think it will help?

even then, i think its not the problem because it worked on the last X1950XTX and Windows 7 64-bit so i think its something with the driver.
it installed a generic display driver and i even tried to instale non-generic display driver and it has not helped...

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

well a 4890 and a x1950 are 2 different chips. honestly i cant say that's why my last resort was and hdmi cable.

oh before i forgot, did you properly uninstall your previous card's drivers? did you driverswept? (google driversweeper)

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
well its a new system and new OS Installed.
the last one was 32 bit and now its windows 7 64-bit and the hard drive got formated.
well i will try now to install the 10.3

Pazer

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010
not working
i uninstall all the driver with driver sweeper, restart and installed catalyst 10.3.
still i cant get to 1920*1080 and there is no scale option