Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro - Need to enable SATA3 Ports after OS install

Status
Not open for further replies.

roscolo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Dual-booting Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and Windows XP Pro 32bit using boot loader Bootit Bare Metal. So, I have Win 7 Ultimate booting from SSD, and Win XP booting from WD 640GB 7200rpm HD.

Problem: I now realize my SATA3_A1, SATA3_A2, SATA3_A3, SATA3_A4 ports are useless and not detected. I did not do the drivers before my Windows installs. I didn't have a functional floppy drive then anyway to f6 from (I do now). I have no interest in RAID. All my drives will be set to IDE. I just want to be able to plug drives into those SATA3 ports and have them recognized and useful.

Is there a way to get those ports visible and functional without having to reinstall both OS's? It is early on, so I can reinstall if there is no other way to get the ports enabled so I can use them.

roscolo

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
SOLVED - Just playing around and got it to work.
In the UEFI BIOS:
Go to - Advanced, then Storage Configuration,
-"Asmedia SATA3 Mode" should be IDE (had that right)
-Changed "Asmedia SATA3 Bootable" to YES

Now when I boot I see a screen that detects the SATA drive attached to the SATA3_A3 port. Drive still doesn't show in UEFI BIOS, but that doesn't matter because the drive does show in the Bootit Bare Metal menu (which is BIOS based) and I can format, backup, and image from there.

Success. The Z68 Fatal1ty Pro board is great, BTW. Set up, drivers, install, everything was a breeze and works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.