Solved

Raiding These Drives

Will raiding this drive and this drive give me 360GB? I average around 15GB so more memory would be helpful. Thanks!
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about raiding drives
  1. Creating a RAID-0 array does not increase memory. It will increase the Read/Write performance.

A RAID-0 array's capacity is based upon the drive in the array with the smallest size.
    So if your RAID-0 a 120GB drive and a 240GB drive your array's total capacity (before formatting) will be 240GB (120 x 2).

So if you RAID-0 those 2 drives you will be wasting 120GB of storage.
  2. Dereck47 said:
    Creating a RAID-0 array does not increase memory. It will increase the Read/Write performance.

A RAID-0 array's capacity is based upon the drive in the array with the smallest size.
    So if your RAID-0 a 120GB drive and a 240GB drive your array's total capacity (before formatting) will be 240GB (120 x 2).

So if you RAID-0 those 2 drives you will be wasting 120GB of storage.

What RAID do i use then?
  3. You do not use RAID at all. You connect both drives in AHCI mode.
    Whatever drive you install your O/S on will be your C: drive and the other will be your D: drive.
  4. Best answer
    You want JBOD mode. This will make both disks work as one large disk but there will be no performance increase over their normal speed. You could also do this thru windows disk management.
  5. Best answer selected by melikepie.
Ask a new question

Read More

NAS / RAID Memory Storage Product