Sign in with
Your question

ASUS M4A87TD EVO

Last response: in Motherboards
August 28, 2011 1:17:06 PM

Any advice please?
Recently purchased m4a87td evo. for new build. Other components include AMD phenom II black 3.4 and 8GB Corsair DDR3 1600C9. Had problems initially with DRAM LED but eventually got it to boot. Not sure if there is a problem with motherboard. Windows wont load from CD and keeps freezing during installation, tried hard drive on another computer and loaded windows no problem however when connected HD to motherboard whilst windows starts ok, when using, it constantly freezes. Tried all connections including rebuilding everything, changed sata cables. BIOS proved problematic to change boot sequence and reset eafter every freeze. Tried erasing CMOS and problem still persists. Is there likely to be a problem with board and should i return itor have I missed something ?

Thanks in anticipation assistance

More about : asus m4a87td evo

a c 125 V Motherboard
August 28, 2011 1:22:51 PM

Sure sounds like a bad MB to me.
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2011 6:30:58 PM

I had the same motherboard and the same problem. Check the timing on the RAM, and the speed of the RAM. It should list in your manual what compatible memory modules are. If you can try to update the BIOS, do that (I like Asus for their ability to update the BIOS via flash memory), that should fix any memory issues. If not then check the RAM, and if that doesn't work then you have a bad motherboard, and should look into getting an RMA.
Related resources
September 14, 2011 11:11:00 PM

Doesn't that board have the button by the ram slots that "fixes" timing issues with ram so it is theoretically compatible with all ram? I think you hold the button while booting and it will set timing to match the ram.
a b V Motherboard
October 7, 2011 10:26:26 PM

andrew911 said:
Doesn't that board have the button by the ram slots that "fixes" timing issues with ram so it is theoretically compatible with all ram? I think you hold the button while booting and it will set timing to match the ram.

If it did I certainly don't remember seeing it - and when my motherboard died I tried everything to revive it.
!