Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HARDWARE

Last response: in Motherboards
August 28, 2011 3:00:19 PM

Hi, I am new in this forum and at this web site too. Please be patient with this new guy.
I have an ASUS netbook, N10JH.It is not new since i bought it 2 years ago in New York. Now I am having a problem with this ASUS for almost 2 months but its solution eludes me in every way I have try to solve it. The problem is this:
My sound output port Jack( SPDIF + Headphone, both in one single jack) got damaged, it is physical broken , but the internal sound processors are working just fine, Realtek HD sound and SRS Premium sound. Now the sound is coming out through the stereo(2) internal speakers of the netbook, but as everybody knows the sound of a netbook is tiny and lousy. That is the main reason why I used the sound output jack to connected it to my external system of speakers. A real nice sound until it got damaged. A few weeks ago, two to be exact, I bought a Generic USB sound card and it is working fine. The sound is great but I don't have the options I used to have with the native sound processors, like the simulated surround sound and many others. So I began to wander If I can redirect the native sound so that it can come out through the USB port I am using now. I have been working in many ways but I think the solution is to redirect the sound with the registry path. I know it is delicate or dangerous to play with the Regedit. But if you first save the original path, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then if something goes wrong you can always go back to the original path. The problem is that I get to a certain point of the path but I don't get to the point where I can change the jack port to the USB port. Any Ideas? Please let me know anything that can help me to achieve my goal or if you have a better solution, please let me hear from You. By the way I have asked ASUS if I can buy the output port so I would do the soldering work myself,but the answer was negative. I asked them too about the registry path ,but hey have not answered me. Maybe they will not answer me because I was rude after the last negative answer I got from them.
Best regards.
Julio

More about : hardware

August 28, 2011 3:07:02 PM

I'm not much of any help,but if I was you I'd be looking to buy a new laptop or netbook to upgrade to since you have had this netbook for two years now. If you get a new one,try to buy one that has a quad core cpu & even nVidea graphics onboard.
m
l
August 28, 2011 3:20:25 PM

Wish I Was Wealthy said:
I'm not much of any help,but if I was you I'd be looking to buy a new laptop or netbook to upgrade to since you have had this netbook for two years now. If you get a new one,try to buy one that has a quad core cpu & even nVidea graphics onboard.

Thank You for your answer. But as you say You are not much help, one because I am not wealthy so I can buy a new computer every year and 2nd the one I have now works fine for me and I have compared it with the new ones and I don't see any good reason to buy a new one, yet.
Thanks again.
Julio.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 28, 2011 3:36:24 PM

Unless you can get ASUS to repair your laptop, it's not going to happen. The software features you are looking for are designed for and hard-coded for the internal graphics card.
If you can bear the dongle, and the $40 price tag - http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi... - should do what you want.
August 28, 2011 3:50:16 PM

c3h8 said:
Unless you can get ASUS to repair your laptop, it's not going to happen. The software features you are looking for are designed for and hard-coded for the internal graphics card.
If you can bear the dongle, and the $40 price tag - http://us.store.creative.com/Creative-Sound-Blaster-XFi... - should do what you want.

Thanks for your answer. But ,come on Guys!! ,you have to be more positive. You have to fight and try to get the solutions the hard way and don't take the easy way of buying a new Sound card or a new computer. Remember we are in an economic-financial crisis. Many of us are without a job not for now but many moths in a row. So you have to use your guts and you brain and overcome the new challenges that every day come in front of us. Of course you have to be real but you have to give a good fight first.
Thanks.
Julio.
m
l
September 4, 2011 1:06:28 PM

Hi Tom's Hardware community team :

Thanks for your Email with regard to the problem with my Headphone jack. I am sorry to tell you that the 2 persons that answered me they didn't present a solution .They only suggested ,the first to buy a new Laptop and the 2nd person to buy a sound card. Really ,these two answers are not the solution to the problem: buy a new device and the problem is Solve. But I did thank them for taking the time to answer.I owed them that much .As you can see the problem still exists and the answer still eludes me.
Thanks again for you Email.
Best regards.
julius_09
- Show quoted text -
m
l
September 14, 2011 1:58:51 PM

Best answer selected by julius_09.
m
l
!