Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Graphics

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
August 21, 2010 7:34:09 PM

I'm trying to purchase an online HP with very little knowledge - Do I need to spend the money for an ATI Radeon HD graphics or can I go with the standard integrated graphics Intel (R) HD Graphics (VGA)? I don't do any gaming - yet, but want to have at least minimal capability later on. Thanks.

More about : graphics

a c 153 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 12:27:19 AM

You're probably going to want a graphics card if you plan on doing gaming in the future. However why don't you just get the graphics card once you need it. Make sure you get a decent PSU with that HP.
m
0
l
August 22, 2010 1:30:39 AM

Helltech said:
You're probably going to want a graphics card if you plan on doing gaming in the future. However why don't you just get the graphics card once you need it. Make sure you get a decent PSU with that HP.

Since I'm new to this, is the standard Intel integraphic graphics not a graphics card and be able to handle gaming? Or, would I be better off going ahead and getting the ATI Radeon? Also, when putting together the system, HP gives you numerous options of cables - do I need any of those or will the ones that come with the system suffice? Thanks you for help! :??: 
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 153 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 1:42:23 AM

No its not a graphics card, you can just add a graphics card later in down the road on your own if you want.

What kind of gaming do you do/plan on doing?
m
0
l
a c 189 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 4:57:46 AM

Why you don't you just build your own pc?
It's more cheap and fun, also you will get components that you want...
m
0
l
August 22, 2010 2:45:05 PM

Helltech said:
No its not a graphics card, you can just add a graphics card later in down the road on your own if you want.

What kind of gaming do you do/plan on doing?

I don't do any real gaming online right now as I work from home doing transcription and don't really have the time. Just using the Wi, but plan on quitting work soon and want to have the capability to play games online when I do.
m
0
l
August 22, 2010 2:46:39 PM

wa1 said:
Why you don't you just build your own pc?
It's more cheap and fun, also you will get components that you want...

That's what I'm trying to do - build my own - just have never done that before and am not quite sure what is what!
m
0
l
a c 376 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 2:52:46 PM

HP sells pre-assembled computers. If you are looking to build your own they are the wrong place to go to. Newegg is the best site for computer components in the US.
To answer your question if you aren't going to be doing any gaming then the graphics built into the motherboard or processor should be fine for you. If/when you want to try some gaming you can purchase and install a video card. Even if you want a card now if you are buying an HP it would almost definitely be cheaper to buy a video card separately and install it yourself.
m
0
l
!