Best XP Pro notebook for $3000 ?

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
January 5, 2005 2:06:17 PM

Must include: Centrino, DVD-R, Firewire, USB 2.0, wireless, 1GB NIC, modem,
60GB 7200 hard drive, 1GB RAM, great sound, 15" screen with
CrystalView/X-Brite, and three-year parts and labor warranty. Ability to
hold extra battery would be nice. User is upgrading from Toshiba 5205-720.

Thanks!

More about : pro notebook 3000

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 5, 2005 8:29:22 PM

"you know who maybe" <nguser2u@spamnotAOL.com> wrote:
>Must include: Centrino, DVD-R, Firewire, USB 2.0, wireless, 1GB NIC, modem,
>60GB 7200 hard drive, 1GB RAM, great sound, 15" screen with
>CrystalView/X-Brite, and three-year parts and labor warranty. Ability to
>hold extra battery would be nice. User is upgrading from Toshiba 5205-720.

Except for the firewire and whatever trademark you've got in mind for
a screen, the Dell Dimension D600 does pretty well.

Is "CrystalView/X-Brite" available only on a particular vendor's
laptop? If so, I guess that answers your question...
January 6, 2005 1:46:05 AM

The D600 has a 14.1 inch screen and does not have the glossy finish that he
is refering to .

!