Do a Google search on how to remove write protection from a USB. There are too many links to really copy/paste here. There are videos on YouTube as well. You should be able to find one that fits your comfort zone. From what I can tell, it's not a really difficult thing to do. Just a number of steps that you need to follow exactly. Good luck with it. Here's a link to the search. https://www.google.com/#hl=en&tbo=d&sclient=psy-ab&q=ho...
Is that "write protection"?
If you want to remove the write protection on your USB Flash drive, you could do this:
1. Plunge this drive or memory card to a computer. (Of course, you should use a card Reader to connect your memory card.)
2. Click “Start” on the taskbar to open “Run” and type in “regedit”.
3. Hit “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” to expand “System”.
4. Find “Current Control Set” in “System” list to click “Control”.
5. Check whether there is a key named “Storage Device Policies” to change the digit in the “DWORD value” box into "0" and press “OK”.
But, if you cannot find the key named “Storage Device Policies”, you are supposed to create a one: right click “Control” to create a new key and name it as “Storage Device Policies”=> right click this new key to open “DWORD Value” and name it as “write protect”=> Double click it to change number.