Sign in with
Your question
Solved

First Build Have a Few Questions!

Last response: in Systems
October 5, 2010 2:26:05 AM

Hi this will be my first time building myself a gaming rig, i went AMD for the prices since they basically do the same thing and overclocking is always optional as well.

Basically i would like to know if the power supply that comes with the case i have selected will work good enough with the gpu and other hardware for a week until i can find one to replace it, if it doesn't have the right connections or it might damage my hardware please let me know.

Also is there a significant difference in performance between ddr2 and ddr3 RAM?

Here are the components i have selected for my build. Please give me some feedback if you see anything that may conflict :) .

Motherboard
CPU
RAM
GPU
Case + PSU

More about : build questions

Best solution

October 5, 2010 2:34:38 AM

Much better case
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Much better power supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Also is there a significant difference in performance between ddr2 and ddr3 RAM?
Don't even think about getting last-gen Ram.. it's the same price and everything.. not a HUGE difference but there is a big one ;) 

October 5, 2010 2:38:40 AM

Hmm that sits me at $831..., suppose I'd have to wait another weak with those replacement options.

I noticed the PSU claims it's crossfire ready, i don't think it'd be able to power two 5850's though would it?
Related resources
October 5, 2010 4:17:04 AM

xurbanx said:
Hmm that sits me at $831..., suppose I'd have to wait another weak with those replacement options.

I noticed the PSU claims it's crossfire ready, i don't think it'd be able to power two 5850's though would it?

The Corsair 650 should be fine for 2 x HD5850s.
October 5, 2010 4:38:24 AM

Thanks for the switch ups Mr Pizza, and you too anort3 for sorting the future crossfire out :) 
October 5, 2010 4:38:36 AM

Best answer selected by xUrbanx.
!