Sign in with
Your question

AMD FX returning

Last response: in CPUs
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2011 8:40:53 AM

http://www.techpowerup.com/137447/AMD-FX-Making-a-Comeb...
Now both Intel and AMD will sell 1000$ chips :D 

More about : amd returning

January 1, 2011 10:06:09 AM

I don't think it'll cost 1000. AMD doesn't have the reputation anymore to sell at those prices. Maybe competing with the lower 6-core intel processors.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2011 10:30:53 AM

Lower? There are only two Desktop 6 core CPUs from Intel, one sells for 900$ and the other for 1000$.
m
l
Related resources
January 1, 2011 10:44:12 AM

stingstang said:
I don't think it'll cost 1000. AMD doesn't have the reputation anymore to sell at those prices. Maybe competing with the lower 6-core intel processors.

Since when did reputation matter when selling the fastest cpu? :??: 
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2011 11:15:21 AM

stingstang said:

If (and only if) they come out with something genuinely competitive with Intel's Extreme Edition (and I don't mean the 980x either - I mean whatever is coming out next year, around the same time frame as Bulldozer), then they could justifiably charge $800+ for it, as they have in the past. It has little to do with reputation, and much to do with performance.
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 1, 2011 3:19:56 PM

Let's have hope at least.It would be nice to have some high end AMD CPU's sold as solid high end performers rather than just merely ending up as a good value proposition for budget CPU's.It would be extra nice if AMD releases an awesome performer though at a reasonable price (better performing than Intel's high end but half of the price kind of like the Athlon 64's which stomped on the
very crappy P4's (that also had fraudulent benchmarks making it appear to be good rather than crap) ).
m
l
January 2, 2011 4:42:23 PM

this is good news imo, it may mean that bulldozer is gonna be fast and comparable to intels extreme edition CPUs in performance.
m
l
!