Lexar USB 2.0 CF Card Reader Question

Last response: in Digital Camera
January 7, 2005 6:39:37 AM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,tor.forsale.computer,uw.cssa (More info?)

Hi,

Can a Lexar USB 2.0 CF Card Reader write to a CF card? Specifically, say i
plug the device into an USB port, can i copy files from my computer folders
to CF storage space. In other word, from function perspective, is (CF card
+ card reader) equivalent to USB flash drive (Lexar JumpDrive)?

Please reply to will_lei_fang@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Will
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 8:25:06 AM

Will wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can a Lexar USB 2.0 CF Card Reader write to a CF card? Specifically, say i
> plug the device into an USB port, can i copy files from my computer folders
> to CF storage space. In other word, from function perspective, is (CF card
> + card reader) equivalent to USB flash drive (Lexar JumpDrive)?
>
> Please reply to will_lei_fang@yahoo.com
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will

Yes. AFAIK, ALL 'card readers' can also write to the card. I use my
cards for transporting data all the time.

--
Ron Hunter rphunter@charter.net
Anonymous

Will wrote:
> Can a Lexar USB 2.0 CF Card Reader write to a CF card?
[]

A standard CF Reader will allow both reading and writing.

David
January 7, 2005 5:09:15 PM

>Will wrote:
>> Can a Lexar USB 2.0 CF Card Reader write to a CF card?
>[]

Hi,

the card reader is a passive device that allows the computer to recognize the
card inserted and treat it as a hard drive.
Once the reader is recognized, the computer can both read from and write to the
device.
Rosita
Anonymous
January 7, 2005 8:37:34 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital,tor.forsale.computer,uw.cssa (More info?)

Specifically the answer is yes. The Lexar 2.0 CF Card Reader is also a card
writer. I had a little confusion on this topic too since all the other USB
2.0 Card Readers on the store rack also said "writer." The Lexar, (as a
marketing oversight?) only said "reader" on their packaging.

I asked the manager of the store and he assured me the Lexar was also a
writer. I bought it and tried it myself. It reads and it writes the cards.
In fact, the Lexar I have is a multi-card reader and it writes to any of the
cards.

Jimmy

!