Sign in with
Your question

SSD Error

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2013 2:48:18 PM

Hello folks,
I have trouble with my SSD, yesterday while i playing game I got bluescreen(my graphic card ati driver do this very often) and pc restart itself after bios passes i got another error code which is : 0xc000000e (I'm not sure how many zeros -_-) so I try tomrepair it with win7 disc. regular repair options doesn't help so I take a search about it, I find solutıom suggest about disk partion or something like this amd tryed it. When I use list disk command in diskpart I can't see my ssd. I try to check my bios and i wonder bios doesn't detect my SSD. I install second OS to my second hdd It's open without problem if ide mode selected otherwise i got another bluescreen error which passes really fast that i cant see. I can not see my ssd anyway but as i told include system which in my ssd i got 2 operation system at the moment and when i open my computer it asks whic os should use. Please help
Hardware
İ7 3620
İntel hm77 chipset
Amd red. 7970m
120gb kingston hyperx
750gb seagate
32gb ssoid kingston 16000mhz ram

More about : ssd error

January 13, 2013 4:18:33 PM

by the way sorry for grammar mistakes, english is not my native language.
January 13, 2013 4:30:15 PM

achias said:
I try to check my bios and i wonder bios doesn't detect my SSD. I install second OS to my second hdd It's open without problem if ide mode selected otherwise i got another bluescreen error which passes really fast that i cant see.
32gb ssoid kingston 16000mhz ram

That sounds to me like SSD controller failure which is VERY common with ssds after a few years - especially Sandforce based ones, but others also. I've had two SSDs fail in exactly the way you describe (an OCZ Agility 1 and a Corsair Force F120). Disconnect your SSD, and try it in another computer to make sure it is not something else (e.g. your motherboard), but my guess is no computer will detect or be able to use your SSD since it has simply died.
Related resources
January 13, 2013 4:31:50 PM

have you checked to see if your bios is set to AHCI mode? If not, try that. Also, make sure you are using the latest drivers for that SSD. Once it has been partitioned and formatted your system should have no trouble detecting it. You can also check the manufacturer website to see if there have been any firmware up-grades. Good luck.
January 13, 2013 4:35:40 PM

terryd75 said:
have you checked to see if your bios is set to AHCI mode? If not, try that. Also, make sure you are using the latest drivers for that SSD. Once it has been partitioned and formatted your system should have no trouble detecting it. You can also check the manufacturer website to see if there have been any firmware up-grades. Good luck.

Since his BIOS is not even detecting it, there is no way to put any new firmware on it or partition/format it! AHCI mode will also not help with BIOS detection of the drive. That should work regardless.
January 13, 2013 4:47:10 PM

nitrium said:
Since his BIOS is not even detecting it, there is no way to put any new firmware on it or partition/format it! AHCI mode will also not help with BIOS detection of the drive. That should work regardless.

But, in his message he states that it "was" working and then failed.........
January 13, 2013 7:26:50 PM

terryd75 said:
But, in his message he states that it "was" working and then failed.........

Exactly, and now that it HAS failed there not much he can do with it (e.g. partition it, format it, update firmware), which is what I was trying to point out.
January 23, 2013 12:25:04 PM

Hi guys, thanks for answers. I tried many ways but none of them helps. So i sent it for repair. By the way my computer is a "notebook" and it's new. I guess its about the blue screen error. When it occours it does something to my hardware. When i get information from my manufacturer I'll share it with community for future issues of others.

Thanks again have a nice day.
January 24, 2013 11:32:35 AM

nitrium said:
That sounds to me like SSD controller failure which is VERY common with ssds after a few years - especially Sandforce based ones, but others also. I've had two SSDs fail in exactly the way you describe (an OCZ Agility 1 and a Corsair Force F120). Disconnect your SSD, and try it in another computer to make sure it is not something else (e.g. your motherboard), but my guess is no computer will detect or be able to use your SSD since it has simply died.

Not sure of the OCZ and Corsair, but with sandforce's latest releases I dont see any reports on ssd failures. Sandforce ssd's used to have few bugs (BSOD and TRIM), but now they all fixed with their series of firmware updates. Because of improvements in ssd technology , the failure rate of ssd's has greatly decreased
January 31, 2013 3:34:51 PM

Hi guys.
As a result my manufacturer decide to change my SSD with new one. I lost my datas but fortunately my laptop was new and i don't lost any important data. They didn't give me any information what was wrong but I think it's about bluescreen error. You all know SSD's are not like common HDD's. HDD's are physical devices so when there is a error occours and progresses stop suddenly it won't get any damage. But contrast of regular HDD's , SSD's are not physical so when error occours suddenly it may damage and there is no way prevent from this situation.

I was playing game and there is many progress when i got bluescreen and as i mention its causes this situation.
So I guess there is no way to repair it except replace it with new one.

Also thanks for all answers. Have a nice day.
February 1, 2013 12:30:37 AM

You are so lucky.
February 7, 2013 11:24:51 PM

Yeah I think if it happens later I guess manufacturer doesnt take any responsibility about it. I suggest after buy your product test it and force it but avoid from break guarantee conditions. So you can had changed your product or repaired if there is any problem.
!