Video cards that support mafia 2

Will my video card ATI radeon 3100 support the game Mafia 2?
7 answers Last reply
More about video cards support mafia
  1. It surpasses the minimum requiremtns. So yes it will "run" you will have to have your settings and resolution pretty low however.
  2. What about ATI radeon M 5650?
  3. The ATI 3100 (I refuse to use their new "Radeon" name) probably won't be much fun with Mafia 2. I've yet to play the game myself, but that's a fairly dated GPU.

As for the ATI M5650. Mobile graphic cards are always a bad idea in my mind. But being a newer GPU, it would probably work, though at low resolution/settings.
  4. I don't expect high performance out of it, i just want to have a decent gameplay
  5. Here is a review of the game and has some performance charts:
    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=582&Itemid=64

I am assuming you currently have a laptop and are wondering if you can play on it? With the ATI 3100 I wouldn't really even bother, maybe at low res and low setting. If you are looking for mobile gaming you are going to have to get a pretty decent system. This is probably the starting point for a decent gaming laptop. A dude at work just dropped $4500 on a crazy Alienware gamer. Just to show you how expensive it really can be.
    http://www.bestbuy.com
    Then search model "G73JH-RBBX05"

I try and get people to stick with a desktop for gaming, its a better experience and you can upgrade down the road.
  6. jay2tall - FYI your link didn't work. Best Buy's site took me to their main page. :( But real "gaming" laptops are indeed quite spendy. The ATi 5650 desktop variant isn't the best card for gaming, let alone a "Mobile" version of it by necessity has to be a lesser card. Packing a real GPU into a laptop is expensive, and constrained by space, power, and heat issues.
  7. jerreece said:
    jay2tall - FYI your link didn't work. Best Buy's site took me to their main page. :( But real "gaming" laptops are indeed quite spendy. The ATi 5650 desktop variant isn't the best card for gaming, let alone a "Mobile" version of it by necessity has to be a lesser card. Packing a real GPU into a laptop is expensive, and constrained by space, power, and heat issues.

Sorry, it doesn't seem to stick. Go to bestbuy.com and search model G73JH-RBBX05 . This is probably the best $1300 gamer i found.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Support Games Radeon ATI Graphics