Sign in with
Your question

What case should I get (impossible to choose for me)

Last response: in Components
January 1, 2011 2:56:25 PM

Hey all, I am considering a new case for my i7 build but I am absolutely stunned at the price of the corsair 800D in aus (eqv. of 380$ in US) I've also considered the HAF-X which to me seems to be a very good case with all the things I want (Tooless, black interior, cable grommets, big window, flush fan to suck out GPU heat, great cooling and PSU cover) and also has things that are future proof if I need (hot swap, triple rad support).. But it seems im copping a lot of sh!t from people saying is an butt ugly case and that I should avoid it, am I the only one who things this case DOESNT look like sh!t? I cant see any other cases with ALL of these features other than the 800D which is nearly 400$... Does anyone know any good looking cases out there with all of the mentioned things? It's a really hard decision . >.<!

More about : case impossible choose

a c 694 ) Power supply
January 1, 2011 4:31:29 PM

Saying that HAF X is ugly is personal preference if you like it is all that matters.
m
l
January 2, 2011 2:15:21 AM

I like the HAF X, but it is a really big case. If you have the room go for it.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
This case is really unique. Didn't know if you had seen it or not. Pretty wild, they threw conventional design out the window and made something totally different.
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2011 4:28:48 AM

Yea, I dont think so either. But cases can be found in the UK that sell on newegg I bet.
Or even the antec lanboy air?? That one is interesting too.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
January 2, 2011 10:33:24 AM

Hey intel1502... happy 2011...

The corsairs are expensive...
HAF X is a good choice for around AUD 250...
Antec Twelve Hundred is also an excellent choice for around AUD 220...
Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 for AUD 150 is a well crafted case...
Silverstone Fortress FT02 is a good CLEAN mid tower case (just a tad smaller than other full tower) for AUD 250...
m
l
a c 91 ) Power supply
January 2, 2011 3:37:56 PM

As already mentioned by Rolli, looks are a matter of personal preference.. If you like the HAF-X then by all means go for it.. Its a very nice case.. The Corsair 800D is worth spending only if you plan to employ liquid cooling.. Its not great with air cooling..
m
l
!