Sign in with
Your question

New build, needs review.

Last response: in Systems
October 5, 2010 11:47:13 AM

I've recently collected some parts to make a new computer. I used to do this all the time with no problem, but having been out of the loop for 5 years, I find myself confused by all the new factors, and as such would love if someone would look it over. I was originally just going to copy a build on these very forums that I liked, but being from Denmark, most builds turned out to contain parts I was unable to get (without paying ridiculous amounts in customs). So what I've done is I've taken an entry point in TheDukes' budget AMD-Based gaming PC (http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/294017-31-bestconfigs...).

The following parts I was able to find.

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition

Motherboard: ASRock 870 Extreme3

I could of course fine the Graphics Card but I decided to change in correspondence to yesterdays article "Best Graphics Cards For The Money: October 2010" to better suit my budget.

However, the following parts I had to change for something that seemed similar, and these are the parts that mostly needs review from someone in the know.

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5830

Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 PLUS

HDD: Samsung SpinPoint F3 Desktop Class HD103SJ - 1 TB - SATA-300

RAM: Corsair 4G DDR3 1600MHZ (2x2) [these are DIMM 240-pin / CL7 ( 7-8-7-20 )]

PSU: Corsair CMPSU-750TXEU

Especially on the PSU I feel like I could probably save a buck or two, but I'm ridiculously clueless on this area unfortunately.

I would link to the single items where I'm buying them, and will do so if you want me to, but it's in danish and the prices don't translate well, because every piece of hardware is about 50% more expensive here.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, and I will try to check back ferociously during today (And try tomorrow).

Edit: I do not intend to overclock this, and hope no additional cooling is needed.

More about : build review

October 5, 2010 12:21:47 PM

looks good, but get the Spinpoint f3 hard drive.

Lucky.. you get the HAF 912 plus :( 
October 5, 2010 2:30:40 PM

Thanks, found and added it, and it was somewhat cheaper too :) 

edited main post to reflect it.
October 6, 2010 3:53:09 AM

Everything else looks pretty good :) 
!