Can't switch between HDMI and DSUB

G

Hi all, I hope someone can be of assistance for this slight annoyance that I have.

I bought a 23" LG W61 Series, 16:9 1080p HD monitor for use with the PC and the Xbox 360. Both work and look fantastic on it but not without a slight issue.. I can't switch between the two using the button on the side of the monitor or with the desktop app that came along with it. The only way I can switch to HDMI (Xbox 360) is by first unplugging the VGA cable from the back of the PC. Annoying but that's the only way I've been able to get it to work.

I can get it to switch from HDMI to DSUB but it refuses to go back to HDMI. It'll always black out like it's switching and goes right back to the PC screen. Any ideas on how to fix this? I bought one of those cheap HDMI cables off of Amazon and it works well. The quality looks just as good as it does for a friend that has a Monster cable but I worry that perhaps it's not sending a great enough signal for the monitor to realize it's connected with the VGA cable connected. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of the matter can tell me if that's even possible lol

Thanks in advance. I'm also not certain if this is the right forum to be posting this on so I apologize for that in advance if it isn't.

G

Well the app that came with the monitor is called forteManager and yeah, it has an option to switch between inputs of Analog and Digital, I assume that would be the same. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course the 360 is on. Like I said, I can have it on and switch back to DSUB but not be able to switch back to HDMI