Wireless and ethernet connections running together at the same time?

G

Hello,
I have a strange query, we live with the in-laws and have a our own ADSL connection with plusnet, the in-laws have their own with AOL (yes I know... I have tried to get them to change!) Anyway we have a network camera to keep an eye on a car park to use motion detection software to alert when deliveries come in. As I have a better wireless signal I have connected the IP cam to my network, I am trying to fathom out if there is a way of routing the camera traffic over a wireless connection, all other traffic to go through his own ADSL connection. I have hit a bit of block though, I am thinking that as there are 2 different default gateways that I can not do it. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. The OS is XP sp3 btw, the routers if you need to know are a netgear dg834g and a ZyXEL 660Hw.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I have spent over an hour faffing with it, and couldn't find an answer from a trawl of the mighty google.
Thanks in advance

Hello,
I have a strange query, we live with the in-laws and have a our own ADSL connection with plusnet, the in-laws have their own with AOL (yes I know... I have tried to get them to change!) Anyway we have a network camera to keep an eye on a car park to use motion detection software to alert when deliveries come in. As I have a better wireless signal I have connected the IP cam to my network, I am trying to fathom out if there is a way of routing the camera traffic over a wireless connection, all other traffic to go through his own ADSL connection. I have hit a bit of block though, I am thinking that as there are 2 different default gateways that I can not do it. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know. The OS is XP sp3 btw, the routers if you need to know are a netgear dg834g and a ZyXEL 660Hw.
Apologies if this has been asked before but I have spent over an hour faffing with it, and couldn't find an answer from a trawl of the mighty google.
Thanks in advance

Could not your in-laws buy a wireless adapter and have a separate connection to your router just for that purpose? It could be live without interfering with their AOL ethernet connection.[/#000ff]

sturm

Splendid
Remove the gateway setting on the connection between the two networks. Only have a gateway on the connection that goes to the internet on both networks.

If you can run a hardwire connection between the two networks then you might be able to set a static route on the inlaws router, if it will accept static routes, that will point to your network.