Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Does Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R come with internal speakers?

Last response: in Motherboards
August 29, 2011 3:25:16 AM

Hello everyone,

First time poster. I was wondering if anyone knows if the Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R come with internal speakers for emitting error beeps?

The reason I ask is because my computer boots but does not POST. I hear no error beeps. I took out my ram and gpu so it WOULD give me a error beep. But I still hear nothing. I am wondering is it not beeping because my motherboard gone bad or is because no internal speakers?

If you guys can answer one more question I would greatly appreciate it.
Can my PSU still be bad/defective if all my fans turns on such as my cpu fan, case fan, gpu fan?

Thank you so much for your time.

Best solution

a c 104 V Motherboard
August 30, 2011 12:26:52 AM

Welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums!

Motherboards usually have a tiny plug-in type of speaker for POST beep and for error beeps. If you check your motherboard manual you will see where this mini-speaker is located. The speaker is about 1/2" dia. and about 3/8" high with 2 leads that plug into two header pins. If you do not hear a POST beep and your computer runs fine it may be possible that this speaker is missing or defective.

If all your fans turn ON, the PSU is fine (I realize that it is not under load, and fans are not a load test).
a c 104 V Motherboard
September 2, 2011 1:31:29 PM

Thank you!
m
l
!