Sign in with
Your question

Acer Aspire 5750G

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2013 3:55:50 PM

Hi Guys,

I have searched here for a while trying to resolve an issue that has been driving me nuts!
I recently bought a 3tb hd usb 3.0. Trouble is no matter what i try the laptop wont recognise it as usb 3.0.
I have tried loading the host controller again, the drivers, the whole os even was re-installed!
I am t a complete loss as to what to do. I dont have another usb 3.0 device to try but i really dont think that it is the hd itself, im pretty sure it is something on the laptop.

Any help would be great so please try and help me.........

More about : acer aspire 5750g

January 21, 2013 10:10:35 AM

Hi there,

I'm facing also some issues with USB3 external drive. It does recognize it as an USB3 drive, but as soon as I start a large file transfert the drive will disconnect/reconnect.

the drive works great on USB2 ports.

I managed to make it a bit more stable by updating bios (1.21) and USB3 drivers (2.0.26.00) from the acer support website.

But I'm wondering : does not the 3TB drives needs some EFI bios to be recognized as 3TB (otherwise you'd be limited to 2.2TB) ? Both issues combined could cause your problem (EFI Bios + USB3 port that seems a bit unstable).
m
l
January 21, 2013 10:35:11 AM

Hey,

Firstly, thanks for the response.
Secondly, which brand of driver are you using? The renesas/nec one doesn't seem to work with me?
Also. what exactly is EFI Bios is reference to the hdd?

Cheers,
m
l
!