Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HDD health info

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2013 5:14:11 PM

Just installed the CrystalDiskInfo and all my drives are fine except one.

What does the caution mean? Will it fail soon? I tried disk repair in tools and it didn't help.

I only use that disk for back-up iTunes files and some old backed-up e-mails. The other disk's including my SSD C drive are all brand new.

Thanks,

Bors

More about : hdd health info

a b G Storage
January 13, 2013 5:22:15 PM

a hard drive will reallocate a sector, when a sector goes bad, or a bad spot on your drive. some drives come with bad sectors, some acquire them over time. either way it means your hard drive isnt perfect. i would backup any important data and replace the drive.
m
l
January 13, 2013 5:42:46 PM

daswilhelm said:
a hard drive will reallocate a sector, when a sector goes bad, or a bad spot on your drive. some drives come with bad sectors, some acquire them over time. either way it means your hard drive isnt perfect. i would backup any important data and replace the drive.

Thanks for the reply.

All I have on there are back-ups of back-ups. So no big deal. I'll just pull it out of my case and stick with my other drives.

Thanks again,

Boris
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b G Storage
January 13, 2013 5:48:10 PM

if its under warranty, just RMA the drive
m
l

Best solution

a c 131 G Storage
January 13, 2013 6:13:19 PM

it a false error. look at the whole line..the drive vendor set the limit to 100. if you read to the last column on the right the raw data is 1. so the smart is tossing a flag for one spot that went bad on your drive. if the count was close to 100 then i would start thinking about replacing the drive.
January 13, 2013 9:18:07 PM

Best answer selected by borisbulldog.
m
l
January 13, 2013 9:18:18 PM

smorizio said:
it a false error. look at the whole line..the drive vendor set the limit to 100. if you read to the last column on the right the raw data is 1. so the smart is tossing a flag for one spot that went bad on your drive. if the count was close to 100 then i would start thinking about replacing the drive.

Thanks for the info!
m
l
!