Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HDD file/partition Recovery

Last response: in Storage
January 13, 2013 6:13:12 PM

PROBLEM, i identically started a re partition on a drive i needed, wiped data started new partition, was stopped very fast so no files really should be lost.

HELP: I need a program that can rebuild old partition, i now there are file recovery programs that work but all i ever get are millions of files to look threw and never anything i actually am looking for. So i am looking for a program that can essentially try and recover the old partition so I can say browse threw the folders (ie C:Users/Username/pics/fishingtrip) snag the pics/vids/music i need and then copy to a new drive.

Anything out there like that?

Best solution

January 14, 2013 4:09:23 AM

You may try a professional partition recovery tool called Vimx Partition Recovery that specializes in recovering partition data from a deleted partition, formatted partition, corrupted partition and other problem partition.
Note:
1. Do not store any new data on this drive to avoid the original data overwritten by new data, which can make it gone forever.
2. Do not save the recovered data on the same drive in case of recovery failure.
3. Do not forget to back up your important data before you do any change to it in the future.
January 14, 2013 7:59:48 PM

Thanx for the info, but i should add some myself.

HDD came from another computer that the MOBO fried on.
It was in my external at the time, and when I was going to clear the memory and re partition a spare drive i had with random files. It is then when i identically deleted and started repartitioning/formatting the wrong drive, the drive i needed files off of. i immediately noticed this right after i clicked Format.

So to clarify All i really did do was start a Re-format to easily delete the files and start fresh on my spare drive, yet accidently did it to the good drive in which i immediately stopped.
m
l
January 28, 2013 11:02:01 PM

Best answer selected by markes12344.
m
l
!