  • Audio
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
May 15, 2004 8:58:46 PM

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing distortion, stuttering or
echoing while playing UT2004. For example, the beep sound made when
moving the cursor over the buttons in the in-game UI has a very
noticable echo.

If I run the game at any resolution higher than 640x480, 16-bit, 60hz it
exhibits this distortion. I'm pretty sure I know what the cause of it
is, but I'd like to know if anyone else experiences it as well.

More about : audio distortion stuttering

Anonymous
May 19, 2004 7:33:15 PM

Dekaritae <maur@mdi.ca> wrote in message news:<U7ypc.3837$UY4.3352@fe39.usenetserver.com>...
> Just wondering if anyone is experiencing distortion, stuttering or
> echoing while playing UT2004. For example, the beep sound made when
> moving the cursor over the buttons in the in-game UI has a very
> noticable echo.
>
> If I run the game at any resolution higher than 640x480, 16-bit, 60hz it
> exhibits this distortion. I'm pretty sure I know what the cause of it
> is, but I'd like to know if anyone else experiences it as well.

Sound like a lack of processing power. Whats your machine spec? What
other processes do you have running?
!