Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Need an Expert

Last response: in Motherboards
August 29, 2011 11:43:21 AM

Hello, I ordered Asus Maximus IV Gene z on online ..

But I got MSI z68a - GD80

which one is best .. Shall I keep this msi or what ..

I am planning to take the system and its info is here

i5 2500k , 2TB Hitachi with 7200 rmps , 8 gb gskill rip jaws x 2133 mhz , crosair Graphite cabinet ..

but now the motherboard was changed .. Please guide me ..

Asus is best or MSI is best .. please I really want your suggestion

Your answers are very valuable for me ..

More about : expert

a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 12:08:30 PM

I like Asus, but if I already have a decent motherboard (like the MSI) I wouldn't buy a new one just to be able to have an Asus. I don't understand why you bought the Asus if you already have a fully functioning MSI board?
August 29, 2011 12:14:05 PM

Hello, Thanks for your reply ..

I dont have MSI the problem here is

I purchased Asus board from ebay but unfortunately when I opened the courier box it was MSI board

I was shocked ! and I am really In a big confusion .. which item is best ..
Related resources
August 29, 2011 1:56:28 PM

Some one please do help me ... I really dont know what step I should take..
August 29, 2011 2:16:29 PM

Quick!! Google the two boards and decide.....
August 29, 2011 2:27:53 PM

I spend more than 3 hours .. didnt get any information ...

only PCI 3.0 is introduced in this board but m' not sure if this works when 3.0 card came into the existence ..

I want a frank expert review ... msi VS Asus .. which is best

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 2:51:40 PM

In this case spec Wise I would keep the MSI has more slots specs on the two are close though as both 68 boards. As I said the one you have now is a little higher class than the other one both would be very good though. Hook it up see how you like it you will see no diffrence between them except mayby connectivity.

T
August 29, 2011 2:53:06 PM

there is no clear answer my friend. you can have a board from asus for years and another person just cries it's money in 2 months. same for MSI. Asus boards are in general more expensive than MSI, most of the times ASUS boards will prove their money ok but MSI products are very trustworthy. Had MSI boards for 2-3 generations of cpus, very happy with them.
I had my e8500 cpu with an asus board.. it was awesome board, i felt bad when i bought i7-920 2 years ago and i had to get a gigabyte board for example.

so no clear answer. keep what you have :p 
August 29, 2011 2:55:15 PM

Ya .. they both are from z68 hence they both have similar features ..

what would you prefer msi or asus ..

is msi a good board ?
August 29, 2011 3:09:45 PM

beetlejuicegr said:
there is no clear answer my friend. you can have a board from asus for years and another person just cries it's money in 2 months. same for MSI. Asus boards are in general more expensive than MSI, most of the times ASUS boards will prove their money ok but MSI products are very trustworthy. Had MSI boards for 2-3 generations of cpus, very happy with them.
I had my e8500 cpu with an asus board.. it was awesome board, i felt bad when i bought i7-920 2 years ago and i had to get a gigabyte board for example.

so no clear answer. keep what you have :p 

According to present situation what would you prefer for over clocking and gaming experience ..

can msi met this asus ?
a b V Motherboard
August 29, 2011 4:00:12 PM

Was this the sellers mistake? You said you ordered a Asus board. I would send it back if it was not what you ordered. I know the msi board is way cheaper than the asus you wanted. Sound like a rip job to me.
August 29, 2011 4:11:26 PM

Please suggest what is best ..
August 29, 2011 4:29:09 PM

Contact seller, explain issue. Either he will help you remedy the situation or you will have to enact a claim with pay-pal or ebay. I would think this person would be intrested in working with you given the case. Just make sure you didnt overpay for the wrong board.
August 29, 2011 4:41:49 PM

Problem here is .. which board is best ..

It would cost 2000rs again to send it again to us .. so you must understand my position ..
a c 715 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
August 29, 2011 4:51:59 PM

Nobody could or should answer without asking you the following questions:

1. Purpose of the build?
2. What & how many GPU(s)?
3. Are you interested in the Z68 features: Quick Sync {Virtu} or RST {SSD Cashing}?
4. What target OC?
5. What HSF?
6. Budget?
7. Can you wait until November i.e. 90 days?

Frankly, a full list of ALL the components you either have or are thinking of adding would be smart for you to provide. While I appreciate the advantages of PCIe 3.0 unless EVERYTHING is PCIe 3.0 you only get PCIe 2.x or the weakest link. The Ivy Bridge coming in March~April 2012 is the first LGA 1155 CPU and GPU's 'should' be available in October~November *hopefully.

IMO - First I don't personally like m/u/ATX MOBO's, and second I'm not an MSI fan. Next, if the 'plan' is to OC >4.2GHz then I would only be looking at 12+ phase MOBOs to aide in a lower vCore.
August 29, 2011 5:00:45 PM

jaquith said:
Nobody could or should answer without asking you the following questions:

1. Purpose of the build?
2. What & how many GPU(s)?
3. Are you interested in the Z68 features: Quick Sync {Virtu} or RST {SSD Cashing}?
4. What target OC?
5. What HSF?
6. Budget?
7. Can you wait until November i.e. 90 days?

Frankly, a full list of ALL the components you either have or are thinking of adding would be smart for you to provide. While I appreciate the advantages of PCIe 3.0 unless EVERYTHING is PCIe 3.0 you only get PCIe 2.x or the weakest link. The Ivy Bridge coming in March~April 2012 is the first LGA 1155 CPU and GPU's 'should' be available in October~November *hopefully.

IMO - First I don't personally like m/u/ATX MOBO's, and second I'm not an MSI fan. Next, if the 'plan' is to OC >4.2GHz then I would only be looking at 12+ phase MOBOs to aide in a lower vCore.

Bro , I am not an expert like you ..

my purpose of building this pc was for best gaming and for over clocking perfomance ..

my budget is already fixed all items are almost ordered on online as I mentioned my configuration at the starting post of the thread you can see there

I mean I just want a samll comparision between 2 motherboards ie .. ASUS maximus IV Gene Z and MSI Z68A GD80
a c 715 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
August 29, 2011 5:19:16 PM

Compare:

ASUS Z68 ↳ Maximus IV GENE-Z 170 Lacks: (1) PCIe x1 Adds: (1) 6.0Gb UEFI (1) PCIe x16 or (2) PCIe x8 Dual (@ x8) (1) PCIe x4 HDMI BT No (2) 6.0Gb | (4) 3.0Gb | (2) USB 3.0 | (8) USB 2.0 8 Phase mATX

MSI Z68 ↳ Z68A-GD80-G3 240 Requires Ivy Bridge for PCIe 3.0 UEFI (1) PCIe 3.0 x 16 (2) PCIe 3.0 x 8 Dual (@ x8) (1) PCIe x4 | (2) PCIe x1 | (2) PCI HDMI | DVI BT No (3) 6.0Gb | (4) 3.0Gb 2 (2) USB 3.0 | (4) USB 2.0 12 Phase (SFC) ATX

MSI Z68 ↳ Z68A-GD80-B3 230 Lacks: (4) USB 3.0 UEFI (1) PCIe x16 or (2) PCIe x8 Dual (@ x8) (1) PCIe x4 | (2) PCIe x1 | (3) PCI HDMI | DVI BT No (2) 6.0Gb | (4) 3.0Gb 2 (2) USB 3.0 | (4) USB 2.0 12 Phase (SFC) ATX
a b V Motherboard
August 30, 2011 12:23:53 PM

christop said:
Was this the sellers mistake? You said you ordered a Asus board. I would send it back if it was not what you ordered. I know the msi board is way cheaper than the asus you wanted. Sound like a rip job to me.

This, this and a million times this.

You get what you pay for, contact the seller and tell them you want what is rightfully yours.
!