Best laptop for DVR/DVD recorder

Archived from groups: alt.video.dvdr,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

I will soon be starting a new job that may involve a significant amount
of travel. I'm looking for a laptop that I can use as a DVR/DVD
recorder while I'm on the road. If possible, I would also like it to
support DVD-RAM, as I have two Panasonic DMR-E80H recorders at home.
Which laptop would you recommend for this? It looks like the Toshiba
Qosmio laptops have everything I want, but they are heavy and have poor
battery life. It's no fun to have the battery run out after 2 hours
when you're on a 6 hour flight. Sony has a comparable model, but it
isn't DVD-RAM compatible.

Thanks
2 answers Last reply
More about best laptop recorder
  1. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvdr,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    On Thu, 06 Jan 2005 08:38:04 GMT, Mike Walters
    <walters@wisp_DOT_physics_DOT_wisc.edu> wrote:

    >I will soon be starting a new job that may involve a significant amount
    >of travel. I'm looking for a laptop that I can use as a DVR/DVD
    >recorder while I'm on the road. If possible, I would also like it to
    >support DVD-RAM, as I have two Panasonic DMR-E80H recorders at home.
    >Which laptop would you recommend for this? It looks like the Toshiba
    >Qosmio laptops have everything I want, but they are heavy and have poor
    >battery life. It's no fun to have the battery run out after 2 hours
    >when you're on a 6 hour flight. Sony has a comparable model, but it
    >isn't DVD-RAM compatible.

    Thought about a ext usb2 drive?

    Or if LG have one get a notebook driv ewith a lg dvd burner which
    supports dvd-ram.

    I think I have read that the toshiba do dvd-ram 2x write support.
    www.toshiba.com

    www.lge.com
  2. Archived from groups: alt.video.dvdr,comp.sys.laptops (More info?)

    >as I have two Panasonic DMR-E80H recorders at home.

    How you liking those units above?

Laptops DVD