when i connect my wireless internet to my desktop <win xp> the speed does not go beyond 3kb/s. and the web page could not be displayed.please help
More about :solve wireless internet connection erreo
July 30, 2010 12:24:58 PM
Wireless is usually about half the speed of wired even with good wireless reception. You should try to optimise your reception and avoid interference.
1) raise the router above furniture level
2) Experiment with channels (some will work better or worse depending on your environment)
3) If you can detect strong neighbouring wifi, use a channel 5 stops away from strongest.
4) Relocate cordless phone base or video sender etc.
5) Be prepared to move the computer (or at least turn it so your body is not between the router signal and the wireless adapter's antenna.