Sign in with
Your question

Problem with bios message

Tags:
  • Components
Last response: in Components
January 2, 2011 10:53:33 AM

I have a problem with my pc that has me hitting my head on a brick wall . a few months ago i started getting artifacts with my pc and then i got a message . your overclocking has failed resetting to fail safe defaults (I do not do overclocking at all . subsequently it still got the artifacts going so i decded to replace the graphics card.

The system was

dual core
3 x hd
geforce 9800 gt (Needed the additioln power connector to it
firewire card
4 gig memory win 7 64

so i decided to change the hard drives while i had the case open as well . so changed it for one large drive . so changed the graphics for a gt 430 had exactle the same problem but seems to sort itself out after acouple of reboots . then no problems what soever . i got a video capture card to put in two days ago did what i do normally stuck the card in . exactly the same problem . and then i removed the firewire card and after a few reboots all sorted again and no problems since . I would like some guidance on what people think could be causing this since the mB + chip will be transplanted into another case in the year .

I shall restate i do not do overcloking all i did was use performance setting as per the bios . and i only seem to get the problem when i add another card in

many thanks

More about : problem bios message

January 2, 2011 12:39:28 PM

Performance settings in BIOS will occasionally OC your assorted mem and bus speeds, or might be adopting agressive settings your mem cant handle at a given speed......

Drop to default settings, and make sure your DDR voltage is as recommended by your mem manufacturers for the mem speed it is detected at....

Also possible your PSU is weak, giving marginal power to video card if seeing artifacts..
January 2, 2011 1:34:52 PM

thks for the reply i shall go off and check it . it just seems funny that i seem to have the problems when i have just changed somethjing in the computer
Related resources
!