I have a SSD and HDD, problems?

So in my new build I have a SSD and HDD, I was just wondering if I need to change them to Raid 0 or anything or do I just plug them in and thats it?
7 answers Last reply
More about problems
  1. You do not want to Raid an ssd and hdd. Assuming you want the OS on the ssd do this. Plug in only the ssd. Go to the bios and made sure it is in ahci mode. Save and exit the bios then install windows. Now you can turn off you computer and hook up the hdd then initialize the hdd in disc management.
  2. wanderer11 said:
    You do not want to Raid an ssd and hdd. Assuming you want the OS on the ssd do this. Plug in only the ssd. Go to the bios and made sure it is in ahci mode. Save and exit the bios then install windows. Now you can turn off you computer and hook up the hdd then initialize the hdd in disc management.

So plug in the SSD, go into Bios change it to achi mode. Than install windows to it, once every thing has been set-up than I can connect my HDD to store stuff on ect..
  3. Yes, but don't forget to have the drivers on hand. No network driver = no driver download. :)
  4. noidea_77 said:
    Yes, but don't forget to have the drivers on hand. No network driver = no driver download. :)

Yes. Would the drivers be best on the SSD than?
  5. Yes, put all the drivers on the ssd.
  6. wanderer11 said:
    Yes, put all the drivers on the ssd.

I got 1 more question to ask. At the moment my HDD has windows 7 and bits ect on it from my old build. If I put it in my PC than re format will that work or do I have to re format first before putting it in my new build. Windows 8 will be going on the SSD.
  7. You can format the hdd after. It won't matter as long as you have the ssd set for boot priority in the bios.
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Hard Drives New Build Storage