Sign in with
Your question

Realtek 8192U connection problems with wireless network

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 30, 2010 9:12:27 AM

Hello, I have a TP link usb wireless adapter on one pc, and another pc connected to my D-link wireless router with a usb realtek 8192U usb adapter. This 2nd one has troubles connecting to the wireless network im trying to set up in Xp.

It connects fine to the internet on its own, but not the network when trying to set-up.
Anonymous
July 30, 2010 12:23:48 PM

Firewall ?
m
l
August 6, 2010 1:25:33 AM

Quote:
Firewall ?

I think I have mistated the original problem. Both usb adapters connect to the wireless network, and the internet without issues.

I have not been able to enable filesharing between the two separate computers on this network.

I will keep reading how-to's, thnx.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
August 6, 2010 2:45:53 AM

Have you attempted to enable file sharing on relevant folders -- and it just didn't take or are you saying they were enabled but could exchange files.

From your original comment it may be a wireless problem -- so try connecting the two computers via the router using ethernet cables and see what happens.

I mentioned Firewalls because whenever I try and fail to connect computers it's because I've forgotten to turn off the firewall on one of them.
m
l
August 6, 2010 9:59:26 AM

Quote:
Have you attempted to enable file sharing on relevant folders -- and it just didn't take or are you saying they were enabled but could exchange files.

From your original comment it may be a wireless problem -- so try connecting the two computers via the router using ethernet cables and see what happens.

I mentioned Firewalls because whenever I try and fail to connect computers it's because I've forgotten to turn off the firewall on one of them.

I enabled filesharing on both. Both PCc connected to router. At this stage it seems they dont see each other. It is not important enough for me to worry about cables.

It is more for ease of use that I want them able to copy files across etc. How would a firewall impact on this ?
m
l
Anonymous
August 6, 2010 10:43:57 AM

Like you I only use my network occasionally and find that the firewall needs to be disabled each time I establish the link and then re-enabled so that it recognises the link as non-threatening. Frankly, I mostly just leave the firewall turned off.
m
l
!