P6x58d-e ram compatibility issues

jaspercayne

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
I am building a machine for a friend, and he has just dumped all the parts on my lap and asked me to take it from there. I have everything up and running, but I cannot seem to get it to recognize the memory... http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/desktop-memory/ddr3/enthusiasts/reaper-hpc-series/reaper-hpc--small----dual-channel-ddr3/ocz-ddr3-pc3-10666-reaper-cl9-edition-low-voltage-dual-channel.html But I cannot get the board to read the chips. I poured through the manual, and it is definitely the ram according to the beeping that it kicks up when I switch it on... I checked the manual, and the website for compatibility and both don't have any mention of these chips anywhere. Will the MemOK! switch be able to configure these chips, or do I need to tell my buddy that he blew $100 on ram chips that won't work in his machine?

Hello, and welcome to THG.

Sounds like the RAM does not want to work on the unit. i would be straight with your buddy. Better tell him to return his RAM and get a new set. I heard the Corsair Dominator series works well with the i7 CPU and motherboards.

jaspercayne

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2011
We tried new ram chips and it didn't work either. It turned out to be a faulty motherboard... Sorry it took so long to reply. New board is in place and the machine runs like a dream now