Partition Creating Problem

Hello,
I recently purchased an HP Dv6 7040TX model and i created Recovery Disc using the Software given by the manufacturer HP Recovery Manager.
However the Laptop came with 4 Partitions.
My HDD is 750GB.

All Primary Partitions:-
1) System 199MB
2) C (Main Boot Volume) 676GB
3) HP Tools (FAT 32) 102MB
4) D:Recovery (21 GB)

I want to however create or atleast 3 other partitions for my use,can you please help me on this?
I cannot shrink C and create 3 other partitions until and unless i get rid of other three and even the strange think is that whenever i shrink C it only shrinks out 333GB and almost rest in left in C,i don't wanna take risk with my new Laptop and neither can i affford any more expenses on any other stuff.

I was thinking of removing The D drive (recovery) since i made the recovery discs,there is even an option to remove that drive through Hp Recovery Manager but it says once removed i wont get the F11 (System Recovery) option now i didnt get that and it kinda looked scary so i didnt do anything with it.

I was thinking of Merging the Partitions using Easeus Partition Master Home Edition the "Hp Tools" and "System" partition,but then it occured to me that HP tools was FAT 32 will it work,i was not sure,will it screw up!?!
Then maybe merging "System" with "C"?
OR
D:Recovery with HP Tools ?!?!

I was thinking of Converting MBR with GPT...
If that is better option can you give me the instructions step by step on how to do it ?

Can you please be kind enough to give your suggestions i dont know what to do,awaiting your response.

Thank you for taking time to read my Post. :)
7 answers Last reply
More about partition creating problem
  1. Don't change it, get an external drive.
  2. No mate,i don't want to go for external,and neither do i want 1 drive in my laptop with full 750GB on it.
  3. Do not convert your MBR to GPT, the bios do not support boot up system from GPT hard disk, the best solution is that delete the HP-TOOL partition (it's really useless) then shrink your C drive, and build a big partition as logical partition(extended partition), then the problem may solved,
    BTW, I think the Partition Assistant is another wonderful partition software, and it is also free. you could download from CNET
    http://download.cnet.com/Aomei-Partition-Assistant-Home-Edition/3000-18512_4-75118871.html
  4. quesionboy said:
    Do not convert your MBR to GPT, the bios do not support boot up system from GPT hard disk, the best solution is that delete the HP-TOOL partition (it's really useless) then shrink your C drive, and build a big partition as logical partition(extended partition), then the problem may solved,
    BTW, I think the Partition Assistant is another wonderful partition software, and it is also free. you could download from CNET
    http://download.cnet.com/Aomei-Partition-Assistant-Home-Edition/3000-18512_4-75118871.html



    Thank you for replying mate!
    Actually i was just thinking of Merging the Hp Tool partition with D:Recovery or any other maybe C, i checked that Hp Tools Partition contain Boot as well as BIOS files and also i checked in google and found out that the HP Recovery dosent work if you delete the HP Tools Partition !,so i didnt do anything with it.

    I have made Recocvery Disc however if anything goes wrong....what do you think?
  5. bludon said:
    Thank you for replying mate!
    Actually i was just thinking of Merging the Hp Tool partition with D:Recovery or any other maybe C, i checked that Hp Tools Partition contain Boot as well as BIOS files and also i checked in google and found out that the HP Recovery dosent work if you delete the HP Tools Partition !,so i didnt do anything with it.

    I have made Recocvery Disc however if anything goes wrong....what do you think?

    I said good luck. As far as I know the Recovery Disc that you man can't do factory reset, but the HD one could.
  6. bludon said:
    Thank you for replying mate!
    Actually i was just thinking of Merging the Hp Tool partition with D:Recovery or any other maybe C, i checked that Hp Tools Partition contain Boot as well as BIOS files and also i checked in google and found out that the HP Recovery dosent work if you delete the HP Tools Partition !,so i didnt do anything with it.

    I have made Recocvery Disc however if anything goes wrong....what do you think?


    I think if the recovery partition is just based on HP-TOOL, you could delete it. This partition is only used when you need a factory reset, however, after you created a recovery disc, this partition is trashy. Therefore, you could delete it.
  7. quesionboy said:
    I think if the recovery partition is just based on HP-TOOL, you could delete it. This partition is only used when you need a factory reset, however, after you created a recovery disc, this partition is trashy. Therefore, you could delete it.



    Yup you are right on the Recovery partition as its useless after as i created Recovery Discs.... :)
    Now check this out :- :wahoo:
    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Other-Notebook-PC-Questions/How-to-repartition-HDD-of-HP-notebook-with-pre-installed/td-p/742019
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives Data Recovery Hewlett Packard Storage