HD 4870 Issue

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Hello everyone!
I have been getting some problems with my HD 4870 video card for a couple of months now. Firstly, every time I reboot, I get an error saying "could not load file or assembly MOM.Implementation or one of its dependencies". This error comes with an ATi icon on the taskbar. I have 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium by the way. On with the main problem now. Ever since 10.5, when I download the suite installer package and try to install it using the custom settings, Catalyst Control Centre nor the drivers themself are in the checklist. The only "catalyst" program is the Install Manager. I've tried numerous times to wipe all ATi files off my system along with the drivers in safe mode however, the same problem with the installation occurs. I've tried downloading the driver only installer but the drivers don't show up on the checklist once again.
I've tried googling for solutions however nothing is working. I would love to get some advice on how to solve my problems. Any information is really appreciated!

Thanks,

Spike

The settings seem to've got stuck in the registry and so are appearing everytime.. Use a program such as 'driversweeper' to uninstall the drivers completely.. Also use 'cccleaner' to clean up the registy.. Update your drivers to the latest version available.. Check if the problem persists..

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Thanks for the replies! I've tried both of your solutions and combined them and tried deleting the drivers in safe mode but the freshly downloaded installer doesn't display Catalyst Control Centre or the drivers. This is what has me stuck is that I can't seem to figure out what might be wrong with my PC. I tried doing a fresh install on a spare disc and the installer works perfectly. VERY confusing :??:

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008

I assume by uninstalling drivers and all through Control Centre you mean to use device manager to fully uninstall the driver then go to Add/Remove programs to take care of the other ati software, right?

You can uninstall the ATI display driver in add/remove programs, which then gives the option to uninstall the of the 4890-related software. That's the method I use. And then on the install, choose ''custom" not the "easy" install, which should then show CCC, registration, some trial game, and maybe some other stuff.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Interestingly, I just tried installing the software again and something popped up. The drivers nor CCC were listed, but at the end, I get a message saying "could not load file or assembly MOM.Implementation or one of its dependencies" just like I get when I boot. Somehow, I think this MOM.Implementation is what's causing my troubles.
I did a quick google on how to solve it, and the posts talk about problems with the .NET framework. I tried a tool to uninstall/disable it then I used Windows Update to reinstate them. Still not working. However, I did find a more detailed post. I'll come back soon with updates.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
I downloaded it and tried to install it. It halted and gave me a message along the lines of this software already same in your OS. I used the .NET removal tool then reinstalled .NET 4. .NET 3.5.1 is the version that comes paired with the system apparently. I still get the MOM message on reboots and while attempting an install of the suite, no CCC or drivers show. I'm still having to update the drivers through manage my computer option for display adapter.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Sorry for the double post but I also tried installing an old copy of the 9.12 version and still the same problem. Even when I completely uninstall everything ATi then use the CD that came with the card to install drivers, same thing occurs.

I had to use the original installation CD to install the .Net and the WDM drivers; I could not istall WDM from the downloaded ATI driver files.

I'm thinking.
You have .Net and its updates installed.
Emperus suggested using ccleaner to clean all the old video drivers from your system. I haven't used that, but Guru3D's Driver Sweeper has a good reputation.

Maybe this will work:
-- Download and install Driver Sweeper.
-- Uninstall your video card drivers through control panel or device manager.
-- Reboot to SAFE mode.
-- Run driver sweeper to remove any traces of ATI drivers.
-- Re-boot.
-- Use the original install CD to load the drivers, CCC, WDM, and whatever else you want.
-- Re-boot if prompted (I can't remember if W7 requires it).
Let's see if this works. If so, then you can install more recent display drivers and the CCC.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
Ok I've tried it and in the list for the stock installer menu I don't get any options I'm looking for. I'm looking to scrapping my current installation soon if there's no other ways to get it running normal.

TRENDING THREADS