Asus Board Beeping Codes?

WaZz

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Hello

I have a problem with my computer. When i start it up i hear these beeping sounds. There are 5 beeps, 2 beeps really fast then a short pause with 3 more beeps with short pauses in between.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong i removed the RAM and graphic card and put them back and started up and still had same problem. I removed those components separately for example removing all the RAM and testing 1 stick at a time on load up.

I would really like to know the list of error codes for the Beeps for my motherboard.

My Motherboard: Asus M3a79-T Deluxe AMD 790FX Crossfire Chipset

WaZz

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Well i did find out the error it was the GPU card. so i opened it up and took a look and the thermal paste was off the GPU and on the board a little so i cleaned it and screwed it all back together and no more error computer worked.!!!!!!!

I sent it to IBuyPower.com's repair shop for about 2 weeks which to them was 1 week cause they don't count weekends.....
and they didn't do a damn thing other than test my card on another PC and find out that it doesn't work.....
my computer was under warranty so the labor was free but parts i have to pay for so the repair guy tells me i have to buy a new graphic card and hes all like i can order it for you and install it for about 450- 600 $..........
only thing was i had to leave my computer next to them even longer so i ended up just taking my computer and fixing it myself and i still bought new parts and installed it myself no need to wait 2 weeks for some *** you can do yourself.