Sign in with
Your question

Building a computer

Last response: in CPUs
January 2, 2011 3:27:32 PM

Being that I'm a novice at building a Computer , Is their any chance i could build a good gaming/ work computer myself for under $!000?

More about : building computer

January 2, 2011 3:30:58 PM

I have a strong avionics back graound and building it would not be the issue .I think compatability and start-up and choosing the correct components would be...............
m
l
a c 81 à CPUs
January 2, 2011 3:41:26 PM

You can start by posting in the correct forum first.. In other words, post your query in the 'Systems' section..
m
l
Related resources
January 2, 2011 4:38:57 PM

i got a i7 950, 6gigs and GTX 460 overclocked edition for about $800 plus the case and a new dvd burner plus a new motherboard. Works nicely for games

Also mod's need to move this. You may get more replys if its in the right forum.
m
l
January 2, 2011 9:50:25 PM

u could even get a 6 core AMD if you want. Dual channel memory thou instead of triple channel
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 3, 2011 1:27:06 AM

maddmacc1264 said:
Being that I'm a novice at building a Computer , Is their any chance i could build a good gaming/ work computer myself for under $!000?

Yes, you certainly can. In fact look at the toms system builder marathons on the front page and look at their builds in that price range. That will guide you to a selection of parts.

As for the actual construction, search the net and you will find articles on how to do the assembly.

If you elect to do this, you know that you can come to the forums on this site with any problems that you have.
m
l
!