Over heating GFX card. HELP ME PLZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

feurn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Hey guys, (sorry for my english), i have some problems with my laptop recently. I play games like crysis, singularity, diablo 2 (lol) and the gfx are fluid and great. 5 minutes later, i have big lags, the game is unplayable even with Diablo 2. I downloaded HWmonitor to see the temperature of my cards and guess what? I reached 255 degree celcius today with my GFX card while playing Singularity or else my card stand at 60-80 degree celcuis. Something is wrong. Can someone help me with this problem? What to do? Thanks a lot.

By the way, my computer is an Asus G50v, Intel core duo 2.53 GHz, 4 Go ram, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT.

Thanks a lot !

Solution
Yeah I would recommend GPU Z as well, it's easy and doesn't need an install.

I would also recommend a laptop cooler for anyone that games regularly on their laptop. They are a good investment. Some gaming laptops have good cooling solutions like big exhaust ports out the back, but for the most part its a good idea.

feurn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
Hehe, thanks for the reply ct1615, but i really mean 255 C or 491 F. Well thats what ''HWmonitor'' was writing. I was going to take a screenshot but my laptop froze <.<

and no i've never used those laptop cooler stands, maybe i should try. I tried to stand up my laptop and i lost 4-5 ish degrees. Ill check this out. Someone has another solution?

Yeah I would recommend GPU Z as well, it's easy and doesn't need an install.

I would also recommend a laptop cooler for anyone that games regularly on their laptop. They are a good investment. Some gaming laptops have good cooling solutions like big exhaust ports out the back, but for the most part its a good idea.

Solution

feurn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010
That's what i thought, f*** this software. I'll try Gpuz then. Thanks. Someone knows if i can add another fan or something in my laptop.. this is kinda heating a lot.

And thanks Jay2tall, ill try those cooler, i hope this will make the difference cause like that i cant play games O_O

feurn

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2010

Thank you very much, i'll buy this one and we'll see!

Status
Not open for further replies.