Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Over heating GFX card. HELP ME PLZ

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 22, 2010 7:50:39 PM

Hey guys, (sorry for my english), i have some problems with my laptop recently. I play games like crysis, singularity, diablo 2 (lol) and the gfx are fluid and great. 5 minutes later, i have big lags, the game is unplayable even with Diablo 2. I downloaded HWmonitor to see the temperature of my cards and guess what? I reached 255 degree celcius today with my GFX card while playing Singularity or else my card stand at 60-80 degree celcuis. Something is wrong. Can someone help me with this problem? What to do? Thanks a lot.

By the way, my computer is an Asus G50v, Intel core duo 2.53 GHz, 4 Go ram, Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA GeForce 9700M GT.

Thanks a lot !

More about : heating gfx card plz

a c 235 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 7:58:23 PM

i think you mean 255f and not c, otherwise you may some melted plastic

have you tried one of those laptop cooler stands? no clue how well they work but I see them all the time.
August 22, 2010 8:12:22 PM

Hehe, thanks for the reply ct1615, but i really mean 255 C or 491 F. Well thats what ''HWmonitor'' was writing. I was going to take a screenshot but my laptop froze <.<

and no i've never used those laptop cooler stands, maybe i should try. I tried to stand up my laptop and i lost 4-5 ish degrees. Ill check this out. Someone has another solution?
Related resources

Best solution

a c 140 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 8:25:38 PM

Yeah I would recommend GPU Z as well, it's easy and doesn't need an install.

I would also recommend a laptop cooler for anyone that games regularly on their laptop. They are a good investment. Some gaming laptops have good cooling solutions like big exhaust ports out the back, but for the most part its a good idea.
August 22, 2010 8:27:58 PM

That's what i thought, f*** this software. I'll try Gpuz then. Thanks. Someone knows if i can add another fan or something in my laptop.. this is kinda heating a lot.

And thanks Jay2tall, ill try those cooler, i hope this will make the difference cause like that i cant play games O_O
a c 140 U Graphics card
August 22, 2010 10:48:24 PM

feurn said:
Hey guys, i found this cooler, i think this is a good cooler and not too expensive. http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item...

What do you think?

Why not? there are a ton of different laptop coolers out there. They are really just something to keep it flat and circulated underneath. THermaltake makes good stuff.
August 22, 2010 11:03:13 PM

jay2tall said:
Why not? there are a ton of different laptop coolers out there. They are really just something to keep it flat and circulated underneath. THermaltake makes good stuff.

Thank you very much, i'll buy this one and we'll see!
August 30, 2010 2:20:50 AM

Hey guys, i bought the cooler, cleaned up my fan and now everything is alright!!! :)  Thanks all for the help.
August 30, 2010 2:21:40 AM

Best answer selected by feurn.
a c 271 U Graphics card
August 30, 2010 11:35:13 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!